Quality System Specialist
At Christie, we give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. The results can be amazing!
We keep raising the bar by consistently setting the standards and being first to market with some of the world’s most advanced projectors and complete system displays. Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world and offers careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
The Quality System Specialist will support the effective implementation of Christie Digital's Quality and Environmental initiatives. The successful candidate will audit business processes, providing support and leadership for continuous improvement projects with a goal to improve business value streams.
- Help build a culture of change through the effective use of business process analytics, process improvement initiatives and training all within a supportive work environment.
- Conduct Internal Audits as required to support the continuous improvement of Christie’s Quality and Environmental programs. This activity involves scheduling and conducting audits, reporting of findings to management and working closely with process owners to enhance their business processes to meet their objectives.
- Provide support to continuous improvement initiatives through performance and capability analysis of processes, process improvement tools and effective communications to help foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide monthly and annual reports for environmental performance. The reports require efficient collection of data from various parts of the organization (i.e. minimize disruptions) while effectively summarizing the information and communicating it internally.
- Follow-up on internal action requests to ensure the actions taken are timely and adequately address the root cause.
- Create, update, and review of Procedures, Forms, Charts and Operational Controls within the organization to support Quality and Environmental processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science field required. Technologist diploma will be considered with experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in QA with a focus on ISO 9001 / 14001 and/or continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015
- Applied knowledge of Lean principles, VSM and continuous improvement methodologies
- Team based work environment experience required
- 6-Sigma Green Belt is an asset
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills required
- Proficient in MS Office applications
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening. Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.