Senior Android Developer / Mobile Engineer
- Kitchener / Waterloo
- 70k-150k based on ability and experience (+equity)
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Faire (formerly Indigo Fair) is changing wholesale and helping local retailers compete with Amazon and the big box stores.
We're backed by the top VCs in the world (Sequoia, Khosla), we're lead by an experienced team (Square, Google), and we're building a world-class engineering culture of freedom and responsibility.
Our mobile app is crucial to our vision: Empowering entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We want our app to be so frictionless, so fast, so easy to use, that store owners flip it on whenever they have 10 seconds free. In those 10 seconds, our app will help entrepreneurs run the business of their dreams.
We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. We build minimum viable products, deploy to production multiple times per day, A/B test customer-facing changes, listen to the data, and iterate.
As a mobile engineer, you'll collaborate with us to:
- deliver core customer-facing features of our app
- help design the app, and plan its architecture over the next 3-5 years
- work closely with the product team to create a delightful user experience
- work closely with the backend team to design APIs
- share ownership of our product and our customer's happiness
- write unit and integration tests for everything
We're excited about you because you have...
- A passion for programming and solving problems with code
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Java 8
- Dependency Injection (eg, Dagger2)
- Protocol buffers
You're excited about us because we offer...
- A small team, a relaxed and fun startup, world-class engineering talent, mentorship, and career growth
- Competitive compensation + Equity ($70k-$150k depending on experience and ability)
- Perks and benefits (full extended health and dental plan for you and your family, gym membership, free lunches, drinks, snacks, beer and pretzel game nights, and more!)
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our leadership team is experienced (eg., Google) and led the development of one of the top 15 apps in the US appstore (Square Cash).
- The business makes sense. It’s straightforward, provides clear value to both store owners and to makers. You get to help change an industry for the better.
- It’s beautiful. Work on something that’s well-designed, following the footsteps of Square.
We’re an on-site team in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. We can’t do remote, but we can provide relocation and help with visas if needed.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.