Sr Frontend Developer
- Kitchener, Ontario
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Faire is changing wholesale and helping local retailers compete with Amazon and the big box stores.
We're backed by the top VCs in the world (Sequoia, Khosla), we're lead by an experienced team (Square, Google), and we're building a world-class engineering culture of freedom and responsibility.
Our frontend developer team owns the code that makes our marketplace intuitive and beautiful. We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. We build minimum viable products, deploy to production multiple times per day, A/B test customer-facing changes, listen to the data, and iterate.
As a senior frontend developer, you'll collaborate with us to:
- deliver core customer-facing features of our website
- work closely with the product team to create a delightful user experience
- work closely with the backend team to design APIs
- share ownership of our product and our customer's happiness
- write unit and integration tests for everything
We're excited about you because you have...
- A passion for programming and solving problems with code
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
Technologies we use and teach:
- React (ReactJS, React.js), Redux, RxJS
- Jest, Puppeteer
You're excited about us because we offer...
- A small team, a relaxed and fun startup, world-class engineering talent, mentorship, and career growth
- Competitive compensation + Equity ($70k-$150k depending on experience and ability)
- Perks and benefits (full extended health and dental plan for you and your family, gym membership, free lunches, drinks, snacks, beer and pretzel game nights, and more!)
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our leadership team is experienced (eg., Google) and led the development of one of the top 15 apps in the US appstore (Square Cash).
- Great technology stack -- React/Redux and friends. We’re going mobile, so that will be a great opportunity to stretch your skills with React Native.
- The business makes sense. It’s straightforward, provides clear value to both store owners and to makers. You get to help change an industry for the better.
- It’s beautiful. Work on something that’s well-designed, following the footsteps of Square.