Vice President of Sales
At Alchemy, our mission is to build a nanotechnology company for the 21st century. As a team, we’re pretty obsessive about this mission and relentless about accomplishing it.
Today, Alchemy’s nanocoatings technologies are disrupting the automotive windshield replacement industry and enabling multi-climate reliability of advanced sensor systems.
Our aftermarket product, ExoShield, is a transparent film that is applied on a vehicle’s windshield (just like window tint) to prevent stone chips. ExoShield is a must have for today’s ADAS-equipped vehicle owners who want to protect themselves against expensive windshield replacements. In addition, Alchemy’s nanocoatings technologies can also be leveraged to improve the the multi-climate reliability of various sensor systems, such as those in self-driving vehicles.
Alchemy is a Y-Combinator funded startup, and is backed by Canada’s leading angel investors and venture capitalists. We are also supported by Canada’s leading institutions such as the Stanford-StartX, University of Waterloo, Waterloo Institute of Nanotechnology, Velocity, and the Creative Destruction Lab.
Our #1 priority is to grow our ExoShield Dealer Network to 50+ countries by the end of 2019, and you will be trusted with creating and executing a successful strategy, and leading the team that makes it happen. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing quarterly and annual business development strategies to achieve sales growth targets
- Designing and improving through iteration all sales processes and practices to maximize their effectiveness
- Constructing dependable revenue and sales cost forecasting models to empower critical decisions
- Performing critical market research and competitor analysis to enable an informed evolution of sales
- Leading the sales team from within by rolling up your sleeves and performing key sales functions as required
- Constructing effective sales management strategies and practices to maximize the efficacy of the sales team
- Developing individual sales plans and guiding the performance of your team through coaching and mentoring
- Conceiving and curating a sales culture that encourages growth and development of each individual
- Implementing effective sales tooling infrastructure to minimize productivity loss to overhead or tool limitations
In this role, you will directly report to the CEO.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Alchemy is a startup – this will mean longer hours at times and the stresses of quickly changing priorities, but it also means you will have the opportunity to make fast-paced high impact decisions, influence product planning at the highest levels, and grow your impact at a rapid pace in the absence of the bureaucracy of larger organizations.
There is no hand holding, but there is an unspoken understanding that we are all expected to teach and support each other. You’ll often be identifying and resolving obstacles getting in your way and trusted to get the job done no matter what the challenges.
We strongly believe the following experiences, skills, and traits are necessary to succeed in this role, but we’re also open to be proven wrong:
- Self-starter with a passion and hunger for difficult problems such as rapidly scaling sales in a startup
- 10+ years of experience in successful sales or business development experience coupled with relevant experience managing sales teams. Experience in selling to any of the following industries is a bonus:
- Automotive aftermarket or car dealership
- Automotive insurance
- Automotive supply chain or OEMs
- Small service business
- Hard driving leader with a strong ability to inspire performance while leading from the front lines
- Strong business acumen with experience constructing sales strategies, processes, and forecasting models
- Deep knowledge about all available sales tools and the associated pros/cons of each
- Experience assembling and negotiation complex distribution and sales partnerships
- An obsession for detail and a high degree of accuracy in everything you do
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good spoken and written English. Fluency in additional languages is an asset.
- Strong ability to bridge communication and cultural barriers when working with international partners
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask in a high pressure dynamic environment
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Keynote, and G-Suite tools
You should have a valid passport and clearance required to be able to travel to your international customers (except regions requiring special visas).