Software Developer (Flight Crew Scheduling)
Software Developer – Flight Crew Scheduling
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Software Development
Location: Waterloo Office
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company is looking for a developer to join our Software Development team to support our N-Crew Planning product, which is used by commercial airlines to create monthly work schedules for airlines’ flight crews. N-Crew Planning creates optimised schedules that satisfy both the coverage and productivity requirements of the airline while accommodating the flying preferences of flight crew members.
We are looking for someone who possesses strong technical abilities, and strives to proactively enhance their skills. At NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, Software Developers participate in the design, development, maintenance and support of new software and enhancements to existing software. Candidates at the senior developer level are also required to provide architectural input, and are responsible for the technical management of projects throughout the entire development cycle. The developer is expected to work collaboratively with their peers in all aspects of their activities, and may also be involved in determining the scope and details of assigned tasks. The developer works under moderate supervision but is expected to self-manage at a level required by their team lead.
- Develop software to meet or exceed specifications and company standards
- Maintain/Create documentation for applications, tools, or systems as required
- Communicate project/work status orally or written, as required
- Participate in team on-call rotation
- Participate in daily Scrum with team members
- Participate in and lead design meetings
- Provide analysis and estimates for work required within areas of responsibility
- Review code committed by others as requested
- Development experience in Linux operating systems
- Good knowledge of C++
- Strong development background with a minimum 2+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL
- Adaptable and comfortable developing multi-tier, multi-threaded, multi-language applications
- Strong focus on quality
- Must work effectively with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle including experience writing requirement, functional and design specification documents
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in building unit and regression test suites
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee (which usually involves some delicious free food)
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.