Product Management – Product Data Analyst
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
As a Product Analyst on the Product team, you will help drive key product decisions in our corporate vertical using data-driven analysis. If you love designing tests and turning analysis into tangible business results, this is the role for you. You’ll work closely with our product managers to ensure that our findings are adopted and used as effectively as possible in meeting the needs of the corporate market, as well as our education markets.
You will be responsible for working with the Product Management Segment Directors (K-12, Higher Ed, and Corporate) and Category Product Managers working on dashboards and perform custom one off analysis in close collaboration with various dev and business teams.
You will also perform product and data analysis with high rigor and consistently identify new analyses or implementation strategies that support decisions on future product versions or modules.
You will need to leverage a strong understanding of statistical methodologies, analytic frameworks, and familiarity with common BI tools to assist Product Managers in building a best in class product.
This role will be instrumental in conceiving and defining data to support product strategy that directly contributes to D2L’s success in the Corporate market.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Develop and maintain ownership of data and metrics around engagement and adoption of products and tools in Brightspace
- Engage with the Analytics Product Team, other Product and Technical Product Managers to define metrics that should be collected to define engagement and adoption for both existing and new features
- Develop best practices and methodologies to ensure consistent metrics across products and features
- Work with engineering to implement, document, validate, and monitor our logging and metrics to ensure that data is collected and deposited using consistent patterns
- Ensure that data can be surfaced for both internal and external analysis
- Assist with product data collection across other business system sources
- Identify, prioritize, and inform important product questions with data
- Collaborate with the Product Management, Customer Success, Engagement and Operational Intelligence teams to develop dashboards to understand client health and risk based on product adoption
- Communicate analysis to sales, customer success, marketing, ops etc.
- Assist with developing benchmarks based on metrics across all D2L clients
- Drive and promote an overall data driven culture at D2L
- Excellent communication skills. Able to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others.
- Quickly establish credibility with teams and effectively lead through influence
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5+ years of product or data analysis experience
- Detail oriented and able to handle vast amounts of data efficiently and accurately
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to problem-solve and understand key drivers of the business
- Great presentation and communication skills and comfortable with analysts and non-analysts alike
- Excellent client management skills and ability to partner with senior business leaders to drive initiatives
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience with content integration standards like xAPI, SCORM, AICC, and LTI are a huge plus
- BS/MS Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Math, Physics, Statistics or other quantitative fields
WHY WE’RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit