Bilingual Customer Support Representative
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Bilingual Customer Support Representative is an individual who works with clients to diagnose and resolve technical issues, educate our clients on the use of our software, and work with partners to continuously improve the delivery of our service. You possess technical knowledge, problem solving skills and experience in a helpdesk environment providing senior level technical support to clients. In this position you will provide support for clients from all verticals who are using our enterprise suite of eLearning web-based software.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Receive information requests, feature requests, troubleshooting requests and complaints from end users, administrators, and executives by phone, email, chat, TTY
- Take action to resolve requests based on product and system knowledge as well as information found in internal and external resources
- As needed, update support tickets to reflect actions taken, resolution achieved or further action required
- Inform Customer Support Managers of any technical issues, gaps, errors, missing information in the Knowledge Base and makes suggestions to improve and update processes and documentation
- Receive telephone calls, chats and emails, which require periods of prolonged sitting for approximately 90% of the time
- Responsibility allocation (unless otherwise specified by Manager): 50% of live customer interactions, 20% of case queue management, 15% of quality audits, 15% of case deflection work such as case analysis and documentation development
- Shifts rotate to cover daily hours of 8am-8pm EST, including weekends
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 2+ years of experience supporting web based applications in a customer service or help-desk environment
- Fluency or native speaker (reading, writing, and speaking) in French
- Working knowledge of supported browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- An understanding of PC and Mac OS
- Knowledge of acceptable file extensions
- Knowledge of Call Centre technology (eg. ticketing systems and knowledgebase software) and call center telephony (eg. Five9)
- Customer service, communication, listening and human relations skills are required in order to determine client needs, understand and relay information, build positive rapport, confidence and trust and participate as an effective team member.
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are essential in order to accurately enter data, maintain records, focus on multiple priorities and handle high call volumes in a fast-paced environment
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills are required to effectively deal with customers in crisis
- Ability to relate in a professional, courteous, calm and friendly manner to all types of callers from different backgrounds who hold different positions
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a Business or Technical field
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit