The Learning Developer is responsible for creating instructionally sound, engaging, and target-audience appropriate learning solutions such as e-learning, videos, micro-learning, case studies, simulations, scenarios, classroom-based including job aids etc. This role works collaboratively with Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, Instructional Designer as well as colleagues on the OE & Learning team.
You Are Great At:
- Develop curriculum blueprint; adjusting storyboards with relevant learning medium in collaboration with Instructional Designer, subject matter experts and clients/stakeholders to meet media/learning asset requirements.
- Update and edit curriculum for a variety of e-learning, tutorials, videos, m-learning, classroom blended with case studies and simulations scenarios using a variety of authoring tools including but not limited to rapid e-learning tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio and/or Articulate Storyline within a continual quality improvement framework.
- Develop self-paced e-learning, tutorials, videos, m-learning job aids and performance support tools.
- Upload course resources and learning assets such as course content, pdfs, web links, etc. to our learning management system.
- Conduct user-testing of courses and learning assets.
- Develop course evaluations, standard reports and dashboards to measure learning success.
What It Takes:
- A university degree in adult education, learning technology and/or graphic design
- Minimum 4-6 years of professional experience developing learning content using video, digital and web-based programs
- Knowledge of best practices in assessments, adult learning and evaluation for virtual, on-line, mobile and social learning
- Demonstrated ability to make system and technical material engaging
- Demonstrated ability to develop project documentation, templates, standards, technical specifications
- Strong project management skills and excellent written, communication, editing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency with learning software such as Articulate, Adobe Captivate and/or Oracle UPK is required
- Graphics, audio, and/or video production/editing is an asset