Software QA Automation
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Software QA
Location: Waterloo, ON
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, has an opening for a Software QA Automation to help us realize the full potential of our array of aeronautical navigation software solutions. These tools cover a wide range of functions from data processing and map generations, to administration and delivery functions—all of which require rigorous test protocols in order to be certified by the regulatory bodies for use in aviation data processing. The SQA department at NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, is responsible for validation and verification of many flight critical, aviation-based product lines. In addition, NAVBLUE is looking to enhance our QA automation test suite so we are looking for talented QA Automation candidates to help launch this initiative as well as maintain the suites going forward. We value outside-the-box thinking to merge high-confidence testing with fast-paced delivery of aviation software. A collaborative team player attitude is a must!
The SQA Analyst would be responsible for the design and execution of test cases and the development of test strategies for new product features. There is a combination of software requirements and functionality reviews, test planning and test execution as well as test documentation, reporting, issue tracking, and a strong documentation component. To be successful in this position, the candidate must be passionate about quality, prepared to advocate on behalf of good process and best practices, able to quickly learn aviation terminology, and thrive on small teams. Thorough and systematic test case writing is required. Innovation is encouraged! This position reports to the Team Leader, Software QA.
- Design and develop automation framework using Selenium
- Design and develop automated test suite/cases using Java and VBScript
- Create and maintain a suite of automated tests
- Actively participate with other QA team members to support multiple product lines.
- Analyze detailed, aviation specific project documentation to identify test requirements.
- Work in collaboration with Development Teams to fully understand new project functionality.
- Develop efficient test strategies and test cases for multiple products in the aviation industry.
- Take on full responsibility for test case execution, results documentation, defect logging and tracking as well as communication with Development and Management Teams.
- Troubleshoot technical or configuration difficulties to determine issue severity.
- Maintain focus on application function, system performance, capacity and stability.
- Demonstrate responsibility for timely issue resolution.
- Generate accurate testing and product documentation for internal team training sessions.
- Ensure traceability in test activities and artifacts to support certification audits.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of two years’ experience in automation framework development and automation script development
- Minimum of three years in automation test execution
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in the software quality assurance field
- Knowledgeable in Web based and Client-Server environments
- Experience with defect tracking and test management tools
- Ability to contribute in a collaborative environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to communicate and learn quickly while applying knowledge effectively
- Ability to successfully work under tight time constraints
- Database and SQL knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of Web application development, JSON, Python, Perl, API testing is an asset
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee (which usually involves some delicious free food)
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills by emailing email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.