Product Test Engineer
You have a thirst for knowledge and all things manufacturing. You thrive on creating, developing, implementing and maintaining product test solutions that drive the lowest cost of testing without compromising product integrity. You are passionate about delivering amazing user and customer experiences. Highly organized and with the know how to clearly communicate with cross-functional teams both internal and external, you will drive excellence across the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
Your primary responsibility will be to define, develop, implement and maintain Thalmic’s Production Test Solutions to ensure lowest cost of ownership for production tests while not compromising on product quality. You will also be responsible for reducing manufacturing scrap costs by driving resolution of the top defects. Some examples of the activities you will be performing:
- Define, develop, implement and maintain:
- Product Test Specification documents
- Manufacturing Test Solutions (Hardware and Software)
- A product yield improvement system to support production ramp
- Test software validation and release processes
- Test system calibration and maintenance processes
- Take ownership of product test and calibration solutions developed by design teams.
- Facilitate DFT reviews with the design and production teams
- Manage equipment purchase and installation
- Coordinate various projects related to manufacturing process improvements
- Lead and direct meetings with other team members in order to drive yield improvements
- Lead cross functional teams to drive resolution of complex technical problems
- Reduce scrap cost by root causing and driving resolution of defects related to design, process, and supplier quality issues
- Use continuous improvement tools such as RCCAs to prevent reoccurring issues
- Work closely with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve issues and provide technical support
- Provide training and guidance to all employee levels in the operation and maintenance of new equipment
What you need:
- A BS/BA in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in a high-volume consumer electronics environment
- Excellent technical debug and problem solving skills
- Experience creating Test Specification documentation
- Test Software Development experience
- Test Engineering experience
- Experienced with continuous improvement practices and tools
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration capabilities in addition to effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Design and application knowledge of ergonomic and machine safety standards
- Comfortable using MS Office suite for documentation, data analysis, and creating presentations
- Responsible, team-oriented, and process aware
- Comfortable working with electronic hardware, tools, fixtures, and gauges
- Capable of independently formulating solutions to complex technical problems
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with high-volume contract manufacturers
- Experience leading DFx, and FMEA activities.
- Strong C++ development skills
- Test Fixture design experience
- Experience using Autocad/Solidworks as well as PCB Design software
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.