You’re an experienced optical systems engineer with expertise in designing or working with compact optical systems. You can draw upon your experience to create innovative optical solutions to tackle the hardest problems in the industry. You have a passion for optics and stay on top of all the latest technology and developments in the field. You thrive in collaborative team environments and enjoy opportunities to contribute your ideas.
- Within 20 days:
- Develop a good understanding of current optical designs
- Within 40 days, achieve at least two of the following:
- Understand the existing manufacturing and assembly processes
- Develop deeper understanding of the specific components and technologies
- Develop familiarity with optical models (Zemax) and start developing optimization merit functions
- Be able to review and develop workable assembly and alignment strategies
- Within 60 days:
- Contribute optical design improvements to meet specific objectives
- Develop optical design concepts into feasible design models
- Develop tolerancing models to support fabrication and assembly of product
- Specify optical components to manufacturers for fabrication
- Contribute to the design of assembly and alignment fixtures
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in Zemax or Code V
- Experience in the design of optical devices
- Experience with tolerancing and/or straylight analysis
- A good understanding of optical metrology and fabrication methods
- Experience in working in and supporting an optical production environment
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.