About the Role:
As part of NDI’s Measurement Sciences Division, the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing the go to market strategy for NDI’s existing Industrial, Research, Mixed Reality, and Clinical Measurement product lines as well as defining new products, programs, and services needed to grow the division. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the Product Marketing Manager’s role is to understand fully the direction of addressable markets, the needs of target customers, and the scale and importance of future trends to effectively direct and enhance the marketability of NDI’s products and services.
The successful incumbent will analyze complex market forces, align strategic direction within and across business units, and clearly articulate the key value propositions of NDI products and services to achieve a growth-oriented business plan. With an understanding of the full business development lifecycle, the Product Marketing Manager will rely on excellent leadership, organization, and communication skills to direct marketing initiatives, develop product positioning materials, and inform divisional roadmaps. The successful applicant will work closely with key account management, business development, product management and application SMEs to commercialize market driven new product introductions and innovation research projects. Leveraging sound business and marketing fundamentals, the Product Marketing Manager understands business objectives and works within a team to craft product strategy, increase lead generation in addressable markets, and plan sales and operational logistics for deploying new products and engaging new markets.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to acquire deep product knowledge and leverage that technical expertise in crafting successful strategic marketing campaigns. The objective of the position will be to systematically increase market penetration of existing products while executing new product growth strategies within a competitive landscape.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work closely with internal sales, business development professionals, and senior leaders to determine target market verticals and optimize go-to-market strategies.
- For existing MSci product families, conduct direct and indirect market research to inform and maintain Market Requirements Documents (MRD’s) complete with definition of target customer(s), target application(s), key value proposition(s), competitive landscape, and ranked Key Buying Factors.
- Work directly with Applications Engineering and R&D SME’s to understand, define, and communicate the core value propositions and competitive advantages of NDI products and services.
- Working with Marketing Communications, develop strategic marketing plans for the Measurement Sciences Division and leverage internal and external resources to execute outbound marketing campaigns.
- Work with Business Development to formulate business plans, new product/feature requirements definition, channel strategies, and economic projections including cost/benefit and ROI analysis. For strategic investments, present and defend business plans at NDI’s Internal Review Board (IRB) meetings.
- Perform an analysis of competitor strategies (direction, roadmap extrapolation, and key value statements), perform risk assessments against NDI’s strategic plan of record, and generate sensitivity analysis on approved plans.
- Working closely with Product Management, update and maintain integrated product and market roadmaps with a focus on the New Product Introductions (NPIs) required for sustainable revenue growth.
- Coordinate and represent NDI at customer, partner, and trade association events to promote Industrial, Research, Mixed Reality, and Clinical Measurement solutions.
- Works daily with Sales and Marketing Communications resources – to understand customer applications, market NDI solutions, and gather competitive intelligence.
- Works weekly with Product Management – to ensure product fit and direction
- Works monthly with external business partners – to understand and refine NDI’s value proposition within the OEM channel.
- Works quarterly with NDI’s Senior Leadership Team and Internal Review Board – to inform management on recommended investment projects and provide context and business case rationale.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are expected to be aware of and competent working within our established QMS.
What You’ll Bring To The Role:
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, engineering, science, or equivalent.
- 7+ years' related experience in Product Management or Product Marketing in a high-tech industry.
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence individual contributors and stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- A passionate and energetic individual with a track record of success.
- Experience marketing products that include hardware, software, and engineering services elements.
- A career oriented professional, looking to make a difference, and comfortable making decisions in a fast pace environment.
NDI is a global leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced 3D measurement technology systems, with over 45,000 installations worldwide. For over 30 years, the company's optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions have been trusted by the world's foremost organizations and institutes in medicine, industry and academia. From image-guided surgery to aeronautics; from quality assurance to biomechanics research, NDI solutions are used whenever best-in-class measurement accuracy and reliability are required.
If you believe that technology should be used to bring together real and digital worlds, please visit www.ndigital.com/careers/ where you can apply online! We thank all candidates for their interest in joining NDI, however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. For more information about NDI and this position, please visit our website: www.ndigital.com.