About the Role:
As part of NDI’s Measurement Sciences Division, the Product Manager will be responsible for guiding the technical progression of NDI’s existing Industrial, Research, Mixed Reality, and Clinical Measurement product lines as well as defining new products needed to grow the division. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the Product Manager’s role is to understand customer applications within identified markets and direct the development of differentiated products that enhance NDI’s value proposition.
The successful incumbent will analyze market requirements, application workflows, and competitive product offerings, and clearly articulate the required evolution of NDI products to achieve a growth-oriented business plan. With an understanding of the full product lifecycle, the Product Manager will rely on excellent leadership, organization, and communication skills to build, direct, and empower multidisciplinary teams during the planning and execution phases of complex engineering projects. The successful applicant will work closely with sales professionals, applications engineers, project management, and R&D SMEs to inform and guide product roadmap initiatives and innovation research projects. Leveraging sound business and technical fundamentals, the Product Manager collaboratively bridges the gap between commercially oriented business objectives and internal or subcontract R&D processes.
In addition to strong analytical and technical skills, the Product Manager will have a demonstrated passion for understanding and optimizing the user experience with a drive to create world class hardware and software measurement products.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Decompose strategic go-to-market plans into a verifiable product capability matrix including ranked features and benefits.
- Distill high level Market Requirements into the requisite Product Requirements Documents (PRD’s) including technical needs analysis, primary use case(s), requirements, assumptions, constraints, and dependencies.
- Enter, maintain, and authorize end-user requirements within NDI’s requirements traceability database.
- Work directly with Project Management and R&D to provide frequent “Voice of the Customer” feedback to the development team.
- Translate business objectives into project requirements including reviewing and negotiating engineering specifications, requirements trace matrices, and change requests
- Manage the full product life cycle from strategic planning through development and design release, initial sales training, and first article in-field validation.
- Update and maintain integrated product roadmaps with focus on New Product Introductions (NPIs) required for sustainable revenue growth.
- Provide input to Business Development on new business plans, new product/feature definitions, economic benefits, and competitive advantage. For strategic investments, present and defend business plans at NDI’s Internal Review Board (IRB) meetings.
- Perform competitive product analysis, develop risk assessments, and generate sensitivity analysis on approved plans.
- Working closely with Product Marketing Management, update and maintain integrated product roadmaps with a focus on the New Product Introductions (NPIs) required for sustainable revenue growth.
- Work in collaboration with the Quality department to monitor customer feedback and RMA statistics to ensure sustaining engineering requirements factor continuous improvement opportunities
- Represent NDI at customer, partner, and trade association events to promote Industrial, Research, Mixed Reality, and Clinical Measurement solutions.
- Works daily with Project Management and R&D – to communicate priorities and inform decisions on the development of products that will delight our customers
- Works weekly with Product Marketing Management – to translate customer needs into actionable product requirements
- Works monthly with Sales and Technical Account Managers – to understand end-user applications, optimize product fit, and understand competitive intelligence.
- Works quarterly with NDI’s Senior Leadership Team and Internal Review Board – to inform management on recommended investment projects and provide context and business case rationale.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are expected to be aware of and competent working within our established QMS.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Post-secondary degree in engineering, mathematics, science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years' related experience managing product families and leading cross functional teams to successfully develop high tech devices and software for a sophisticated customer base.
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence individual contributors and stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- A passionate and energetic individual with a track record of success.
- Experience managing products that include hardware, embedded development, and application software elements working in concert.
- Experience working within or deploying new agile development methodologies within an organization.
- A career oriented professional, looking to make a difference, and comfortable making decisions in a fast pace environment.
NDI is a global leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced 3D measurement technology systems, with over 45,000 installations worldwide. For over 30 years, the company's optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions have been trusted by the world's foremost organizations and institutes in medicine, industry and academia. From image-guided surgery to aeronautics; from quality assurance to biomechanics research, NDI solutions are used whenever best-in-class measurement accuracy and reliability are required.
If you believe that technology should be used to bring together real and digital worlds, please visit www.ndigital.com/careers/ where you can apply online! We thank all candidates for their interest in joining NDI, however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. For more information about NDI and this position, please visit our website: www.ndigital.com.