Business Development Manager
At Alchemy, our mission is to build a nanotechnology company for the 21st century. As a team, we’re pretty obsessive about this mission and relentless about accomplishing it.
Today, Alchemy’s nanocoatings technologies are disrupting the automotive windshield replacement industry and enabling multi-climate reliability of advanced sensor systems.
Our aftermarket product, ExoShield, is a transparent film that is applied on a vehicle’s windshield (just like window tint) to prevent stone chips. ExoShield is a must have for today’s ADAS-equipped vehicle owners who want to protect themselves against expensive windshield replacements. In addition, Alchemy’s nanocoatings technologies can also be leveraged to improve the the multi-climate reliability of various sensor systems, such as those in self-driving vehicles.
Alchemy is a Y-Combinator funded startup, and is backed by Canada’s leading angel investors and venture capitalists. We are also supported by Canada’s leading institutions such as the Stanford-StartX, University of Waterloo, Waterloo Institute of Nanotechnology, Velocity, and the Creative Destruction Lab.
Our #1 priority is to grow our ExoShield Dealer Network to 50+ countries by the end of 2019, and you will be trusted with playing an integral role of making massive contributions towards achieving this goal.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for growing the ExoShield Dealer Network globally by securing high value distribution partnerships worldwide. Your high-level responsibilities will include:
- Market research and lead generation for target regions or countries
- Qualifying distribution partner leads for high potential and propensity for success
- Negotiating and closing distribution agreements with desired distribution partners
- Onboarding and actively supporting distribution partners to maximize revenue growth
- Travelling for face-to-face meetings with clients as required
- Collaborating with in-house domain specialists (e.g. marketing, dealer success, etc.) to train distributors to operate within Alchemy guidelines and provide ongoing oversight to ensure the same
- Meet objectives while being a team player and challenging yourself to grow and make an impact
In this role, you will directly report to the VP Sales.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Alchemy is a startup – this will mean longer hours at times and the stresses of quickly changing priorities, but it also means you will have the opportunity to decide how much impact you have. You will have the ability to make and participate in large decisions and the chance to voice new ideas and actually be heard.
There is no hand holding, but there is an unspoken understanding that we are all expected to teach and support each other. We will often just tell you the problem or project we’d like tackled and trust that you can find the best way to solve it.
We strongly believe the following experiences, skills, and traits are necessary to succeed in this role, but we’re also open to be proven wrong:
- Degree or diploma in business, sales or marketing
- 5+ years of experience in sales or business development roles, including at least one of the following:
- Successful track record in securing new channel partnerships and growing sales through existing ones
- Successful track record working in international sales or business development environments
- Any relevant experience in the automotive industry is a strong asset
- Experience assembling and negotiating complex partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good spoken and written English. Fluency in additional languages is an asset.
- Strong ability to bridge communication and cultural barriers when working with international partners
- An obsession for detail and a high degree of accuracy in everything you do
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask in a high pressure dynamic environment
- Proficient with Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and G-Suite tools
You should have a valid passport and clearance required to be able to travel to your international customers (except regions requiring special visas).