Inside Sales Associate
At Alchemy, our mission is to build a nanotechnology company for the 21st century. As a team, we’re pretty obsessive about this mission and relentless about accomplishing it.
Today, Alchemy’s nanocoatings technologies are disrupting the automotive windshield replacement industry and enabling multi-climate reliability of advanced sensor systems.
Our aftermarket product, ExoShield, is a transparent film that is applied on a vehicle’s windshield (just like window tint) to prevent stone chips. ExoShield is a must have for today’s ADAS-equipped vehicle owners who want to protect themselves against expensive windshield replacements. In addition, Alchemy’s nanocoatings technologies can also be leveraged to improve the the multi-climate reliability of various sensor systems, such as those in self-driving vehicles.
Alchemy is a Y-Combinator funded startup, and is backed by Canada’s leading angel investors and venture capitalists. We are also supported by Canada’s leading institutions such as the Stanford-StartX, University of Waterloo, Waterloo Institute of Nanotechnology, Velocity, and the Creative Destruction Lab.
Our #1 priority is to grow our ExoShield Dealer Network to 50+ countries by the end of 2019, and you will be trusted with playing an integral role of making massive contributions towards achieving this goal.
We believe that every ExoShield Dealer’s experience begins from the first time they hear about our company and that we should make that experience amazing from Day 1. As an Inside Sales Associate, you will be the first point of contact to many of them. Needless to say we need to have complete faith in your ability to inform and delight them.
You will be responsible for growing our ExoShield Dealer Network by closing inbound leads and whenever necessary, rolling up your sleeves for a bit of outbound sales to fill in the gaps on the map. Your high-level responsibilities will be:
- Answering incoming sales calls and email inquiries
- Qualifying prospective ExoShield Dealers
- Supporting prospective ExoShield Dealers in their decision making process and closing them
- Generating leads and making phone calls to get new ExoShield Dealers in areas with unmet end user demand
- Extrapolating your conversations to provide valuable feedback and opinions on marketing content, sales strategies, tradeshow prep, post-sale engagement, etc.
- Meeting objectives while being a team player and challenging yourself to grow and make an impact
In this role, you will directly report to the VP Sales.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Alchemy is a startup – this will mean longer hours at times and the stresses of quickly changing priorities, but it also means you will have the opportunity to decide how much impact you have. You will have the ability to make and participate in large decisions and the chance to voice new ideas and actually be heard.
There is no hand holding, but there is an unspoken understanding that we are all expected to teach and support each other. We will often just tell you the problem or project we’d like tackled and trust that you can find the best way to solve it.
While we prefer that you have prior experience in a sales role, a relentless hunger to learn new skills and maximize your impact will convince us to overlook just about anything:
- Degree or diploma in business, sales or marketing
- 2+ years of experience in inbound/outbound sales, preferably where you interacted with clients on the phone
- Fantastic interpersonal skills with good spoken and written English. Fluency in additional languages is an asset.
- Strong ability to bridge communication and cultural barriers when working with international leads
- An obsession for detail and a high degree of accuracy in everything you do
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask in a high pressure dynamic environment
- Proficient with Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and G-Suite tools
You should have a valid passport and clearance required to be able to represent Alchemy at key industry events and trade shows (except where special visas or clearance is required).