At Alchemy, our mission is to build a nanotechnology company for the 21st century. As a team, we’re pretty obsessive about this mission and relentless about accomplishing it.
Today, Alchemy’s nanocoatings technologies are disrupting the automotive windshield replacement industry and enabling multi-climate reliability of advanced sensor systems.
Our aftermarket product, ExoShield, is a transparent film that is applied on a vehicle’s windshield (just like window tint) to prevent stone chips. ExoShield is a must have for today’s ADAS-equipped vehicle owners who want to protect themselves against expensive windshield replacements. In addition, Alchemy’s nanocoatings technologies can also be leveraged to improve the the multi-climate reliability of various sensor systems, such as those in self-driving vehicles.
Alchemy is a Y-Combinator funded startup, and is backed by Canada’s leading angel investors and venture capitalists. We are also supported by Canada’s leading institutions such as the Stanford-StartX, University of Waterloo, Waterloo Institute of Nanotechnology, Velocity, and the Creative Destruction Lab.
Our #1 priority is to grow our ExoShield Dealer Network to 50+ countries by the end of 2019, and you will be playing an integral role on our team in achieving this goal.
We believe that every ExoShield dealer or customer experience begins from the first time they hear about our company and that we should make that experience amazing from Day 1. As a Sales Support Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for many of our dealers and customers. Needless to say we need to have complete faith in your ability to inform and delight them.
You will be responsible for providing tactical support to our wider sales team wherever necessary, including independently managing and overseeing specific programs. Your high-level responsibilities will be:
- Answering all incoming calls and email inquiries
- Managing and coordinating key aspects of our Distributor Success and Dealer Success programs
- Gathering customer feedback and complaints, and processing them to provide meaningful insights and feedback to help guide marketing / sales strategy
- Processing ExoShield warranty claims with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Providing order fulfillment support and coordinating with our shipping & logistics partners as required
- Meeting objectives while being a team player and challenging yourself to grow and make an impact
In this role, you will directly report to the VP Sales.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Alchemy is a startup – this will mean longer hours at times and the stresses of quickly changing priorities, but it also means you will have the opportunity to decide how much impact you have. You will have the ability to make and participate in large decisions and the chance to voice new ideas and actually be heard.
There is no hand holding, but there is an unspoken understanding that we are all expected to teach and support each other. We will often just tell you the problem or project we’d like tackled and trust that you can find the best way to solve it.
We're looking for a fantastic written and oral communicator, someone who can balance dozens of active conversations with potential customers. Bonus points if you’ve done a sales support role before, but if not, we’re cool with a newbie! The following experiences and skills will help you kick ass in this role:
- Degree or diploma in administration, business, sales or marketing
- 0-2 years of work experience, preferably in roles where you interacted with customers on the phone
- Fantastic interpersonal skills with great spoken and written English
- Strong ability to bridge communication and cultural barriers when working with international customers or partners
- An obsession for detail and a high degree of accuracy in everything you do
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask in a high pressure dynamic environment
- Proficient with Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and G-Suite tools
Don’t have something on the list above checked off? That’s okay... in fact, we love to teach people about all of this! If you are a voracious learner and a damn hard worker, we’ll help you pick things up in no time!