Technical Writer Co-op
Murder. Terrorism. Child exploitation. Everyday, law enforcement around the world uses the tools made by Magnet Forensics to help find the evidence to not only solve these crimes but to stop them from happening in real time. The stakes are high and that’s why we care so much about what we do.
What we are looking for:
The Technical Writer Co-op is responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for Magnet Forensics software products. Documentation is targeted towards a forensic investigator audience. As part of the Product Management team, the Technical Writer Co-op will work closely with various internal groups.
- Update the Magnet AXIOM documentation set
- Help build out team resources
- Write and review UI strings
- Build out knowledge base articles for external and internal audiences
- You are working toward a Bachelor's degree in Literature & Rhetoric, or Rhetoric, Media, and Professional Communication
- You have a basic understanding of topic-based writing (DITA)
- You have excellent written communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- You like working in a collaborative environment with smart, funny and interesting people
You will be paired with some of our amazing and brilliant employees to provide you mentorship and guidance throughout your work term. At Magnet, we believe in continuous learning and that there are no silly questions.
You are not a number at Magnet Forensics. Every Magneteer has a voice and everyone is a part of a fun-filled, trusting, and selfless group. Whether your successes are work-related or a major life event, we all come together to make it special.
You will be excited to come to work each day knowing your contributions make a difference in the world every day. No matter what role you play, you have an opportunity to help make the world a better place.
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at email@example.com or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.