Collaborate. Be Bold. Get it Done.
If you enjoy creating software people love to use, then this role may be perfect for you!
Who we are:
We are a Waterloo-based technology company that is revolutionizing the corporate learning game with Axonify – the only adaptive microlearning solution trusted by business leaders to drive performance. Combining an award-winning approach to microlearning, innovative knowledge-on-demand capabilities, and elements of gamification to drive engagement, Axonify is helping build more knowledgeable workforces who drive business results for big name clients like Walmart, Bloomingdale’s & Manulife.
What are the ingredients to our success? A strong leadership team, an industry-leading product, a culture built on trust and most importantly – an extraordinary group of employees. By expanding our team with smart, motivated people we will continue to lead the way in this new & exciting space.
What’s great about developing at Axonify:
Make a difference: semi-monthly releases gets your code into the users’ hands as soon as it’s ready.
Great Tools for the Job: newest generation MacBook pro, 27” external monitors, and company smartphone.
Quality Matters: well-designed software lasts longer. The development culture is more about “do it right” instead of “do it fast”.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of the Axonify development team you will collaborate with the team to create new features and products that our customers will love. We are looking for skilled developers who are focused on quality and excited by the idea of millions of people using their creations.
- Each developer is responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment and support of the code they write.
- You will work on developing the backend for new features and services that make up the Axonify solution.
- Solve hard scalability problems inherent in a cloud based, multi-tenant system architecture.
- Performance analysis and optimization on high volume data services.
- Work with product management to help shape the direction of new products and features.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field.
- 5-7 years in-depth java development experience
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Knowledge of relational database design and SQL.
- Development experience with Java, including concurrency and performance.
- Experience with any or all of these technologies: Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases, Search Engines, Web and Application Server Engines, Containers
- Familiar with practices of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with Cloud Computing environments like AWS and GCP
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented, highly enthusiastic team player, with a positive attitude
- Personal drive for the highest quality
How to apply:
Have we intrigued you? Apply below to learn more.