Human Resources Generalist and Executive Assistant
You want to work for an established company that recognizes the virtue of automation and autonomy. You are driven, calm, and never would a half done project bear your name. You are motivated by making an impact on the technological and commercial trajectory of the company you work for. You do your best to help your colleagues do what they're best at and you enjoy seeing people happy and in their zone of ultra productivity. You find things that aren't working well and you suggest and implement improvements. You are proud of the people you work with and want to help them shine.
About the Job
It isn’t often that a company internally invests in a truly altering development effort. At ODI the Advanced Development Program (ADP) is finding new ways to automate our production line. Our global production facilities servicing the automotive industry are thirsty for innovation in the form of automation. We are transitioning the company into the 21st century by introducing new systems, expanding the team and streamlining our executive's team work and impact. The company's face is the recruitment process and it must be flawless, decision oriented and effective, you'd own that! On executive matters, you'll be reporting to the President and COO of the company where in matters of Operations and Recruiting you'll be helping the Director of Product Development.
- Participate in full-cycle talent acquisition and selection of existing contractors and potential candidates
- Proactively seek well-qualified candidates and maintain a strong network of active and passive candidates for future opportunities
- Work closely with internal clients to understand business requirements and market conditions and to ensure appropriate recruitment strategies are being implemented
- Assess candidates for a wide range of positions, offering both full time and contract opportunities
- Screen resumes, interview applicants, and refer well-qualified candidates to corresponding client managers
- Maintain and accurately track candidate interactions in a recruitment database
- Provide benchmarks for salaries/rates negotiations with employees/ consultants (new and existing)
- Perform detailed reference checks on potential hires
- Own the performance review and provide accurate data and reporting on KPI’s and Metrics
- Act as Chief Culture Officer of the Kitchener Office
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and other sources of applicant referrals
- Provide a high level of customer service to both candidates and internal clients/coworkers
- Attend weekly Recruitment meetings and report on recruiting activities
- Maintaining the appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel arrangements;
- Coordinate executive communications and meetings;
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and partners
- Preparing and completing various marketing tasks and presentations;
- Conserving time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating telecommunications;
- Producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics;
- Providing historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and recording meeting discussions;
- Providing assistance with recording expenses, tracking kilometers, collecting receipts, and reconciling statements on a monthly basis;
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment;
- Assisting the team to ensure their expectations– including daily and weekly follow ups, ongoing follow up lists, government grants, and tracking projects;
- Working closely with the Financial Controller on any accounting and budget issues that may arise; and,
- Meeting rooms management – as well as food and beverage coordination.
- Significant experience and responsibility recruiting for different roles at various levels (entry level to senior) in a technical environment
- Ability to recruit and source candidates using various methods such as e-recruiting, e-sourcing, direct recruiting, direct sourcing, networking and a variety of other methods
- Ability to proactively source and maintain strategic corporate lists of qualified talent pools and identify new tools and methods for identifying top talent
- Ability to formulate or guide KPI definition for individuals and teams
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to quickly forge strong relationships with internal Clients and quickly establish yourself as a credible, trusted advisor
- University degree OR college diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; OR a related college diploma
Sounds like the right role for you?
Please submit cover letter along with your resume to the email firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR/EA” in the subject. We encourage you to provide supporting documentation, including testimonials, conference papers, journal articles, source code, portfolio media, references, or other indications of exceptional past work. This is a permanent, full-time position with benefits.