- Fleet Complete
- Job Function
- Product Management, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
As one of the fastest growing IoT (Internet of Things) companies in North America, Fleet Complete has won numerous awards since its inception in 2000 thanks to its relentless commitment to Innovation, Quality, Customer Focus, Productivity, People and Community.
We are proud to be named one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2018 and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates http://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-fleet-complete
As a Fleet Complete Product Owner, you will be responsible for driving the execution of our BigRoad product and Inspect product vision and strategy, while working with our design, development, support, sales, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the “voice of the customer” to the engineering and design teams to ensure new products and features are valuable, usable, and representative of the needs of our market.
- Understand defining and authoring product requirements, including user stories, acceptance criteria, wireframe mock-ups, and other artifacts as required.
- Work closely with other product, engineering and design leaders to generate designs, specifications, and mock-ups of requirement implementations.
- Optimize time to market for delivery of new and innovative features.
- In co-operation with engineering leadership, decide when a software release is ready to launch and when to launch it.
- Co-ordinate and author internal and external-facing product release communications, in collaboration with the release manager.
- Analyze competitive and complementary products in the market, including the context of where the broader market is going.
- Meet with customers, prospects, and potential partners to learn the market’s needs and to distill their requirements into deliverable features.
- Gather and report on quantitative analytics related to product adoption, usage, and engagement.
All applicants must posses the following:
- Have at least 5+ years experience in product management, specifically as a technical product manager or product owner role, preferably having managed SaaS and / or mobile applications.
- Have a strong technical background in software product delivery.
- Carefully manage your time and priorities.
- Based out of the Waterloo office with travel to the Toronto HQ offices to support other teams.
- Operate in a data-informed and metrics-based mindset.
- Know how and when to say no gracefully.
- Are motivated by shipping products and experiences that delight people.
- Are proactive and look for innovative solutions to unique industry and technical challenges.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or greater in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics discipline. Pragmatic Marketing courses or certification would be a definite asset.
- Have past expertise in software development.
- May have past domain knowledge in the logistics or trucking fields.
Why Fleet Complete is a Great Place to Work:
- Collaborative work environment.
- Opportunities to learn and grow your skills.
- Weekly company-wide catered lunches.
- Friday social with Waterloo’s best selection of craft beer.
- BBQs on the patio.
- Ping pong table, video games, and NERF gun wars.
- Located in Waterloo near public transit, restaurants, and shopping.
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact the Recruitment Team, firstname.lastname@example.org, 905-944-0863.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.