Manufacturing Software Engineer
About the Role:
NDI is searching for a Manufacturing Software Engineer to join our Manufacturing Team. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom software solutions and supporting fixture hardware to evaluate various NDI products.
The candidate will be working with the design team, defining requirements and deriving production strategies to ensure efficient, high quality production process meeting design requirements.
What You’ll be doing:
- Design and development of Manufacturing Test Software, implementation and verification.
- Demonstrate leadership in manufacturing by resolving issues and providing innovative, effective, and timely solutions for New Product Introductions and sustaining manufacturing issues.
- Electro-mechanical fixture design and development.
- Provide technical assistance both high-level and demonstration level to manufacturing representatives
- Develop and execute manufacturing design specification documents and test plans
- Contribution in DFx reviews including, but not limited to, design for cost, design for test, design for manufacturability, design for assembly, at key points through the product development cycle to ensure commercial viability of product.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills in a hands-on environment
- Programming experience in Python and LabVIEW / TestStand environments
- Ability to read, understand schematics
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience;
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent);
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- A strong understanding of RF manufacturing implementations
- Proficient in C/C++ and/or Java programing languages
- Programming experience in Embedded and User-interfacing systems
- System design and development including, device driver and communication protocols;
- Good personal organization as well as written and oral communication skills
- Experience in an ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 manufacturing environment.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, CFR 820 as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
- Exciting and challenging work based on cool technology
- Growing global company with offices in Waterloo, Vermont, Germany, and Hong Kong
- Stable company that genuinely respects the life-work balance
- Generous employer-paid benefits package
- Casual work environment
- Company-wide bonus program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee social and engagement events throughout the year
- Holiday shut-down
- Free onsite parking
- Deluxe coffee machines with free hot beverages
- Close to GRT and ION stops
NDI is a global leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced 3D measurement technology systems, with over 45,000 installations worldwide. For over 30 years, the company's optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions have been trusted by the world's foremost organizations and institutes in medicine, industry and academia. From image-guided surgery to aeronautics; from quality assurance to biomechanics research, NDI solutions are used whenever best-in-class measurement accuracy and reliability are required.
If you’re interested in furthering your career in a dynamic and innovative organization, please visit www.ndigital.com/careers/ where you can apply online!
We thank all candidates for their interest in joining NDI, however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. For more information about NDI and this position, please visit our website: www.ndigital.com.