Design Verification Engineer
About the Role:
We’re looking for an experienced and multi-disciplinary Design Verification Engineer to join our Design Verification team. In this role, you will be a technical lead driving verification improvement via infrastructure change, automation and process refinement to achieve accelerated verification cycles to meet design milestones.
The candidate will be required to demonstrate expertise and leadership within the design team for the planning and execution of design verification activities, including verifying the performance of NDI products, driving technical issues to resolution, and communicating across the broader organization.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Design and implement automated verification infrastructure within NDI’s verification team.
- Design and development of custom software scripts to support verification activities.
- Coordinate with Project managers and various R&D disciplines to develop product verification schedules.
- Collaborate with Project managers and R&D teams to define, develop and maintain design verification test protocols throughout the product development life cycle.
- Manage product defects and technical issues, driving them to resolution with the appropriate project manager(s) and R&D technical functions.
- Participate in product design and risk management reviews throughout the product development life cycle.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Programming experience in Python, Java or C++ environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to trouble shoot incomplete or new hardware / software during early exploratory design verification cycles.
- Established foundation in a range of design and development engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical and/or Electrical)
- Demonstrated experience and capabilities in the following:
- Infrastructure architecting, implementation and maintenance of automated and manual verification strategies.
- Design verification test protocol development based on product requirements and specifications.
- Testing and reporting of results for products running embedded software and software applications.
- Understanding of traceability requirements for medical device development.
- Management of product defects and technical issues.
- Above-average interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of urgency with the ability to work and maintain schedules and deadlines during new product introduction.
- 7+ years of experience with complex technical product verification in a product development environment.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent related field.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Experience with medical device standards and quality systems (i.e. 13485) for new product development (or other highly regulated product development environments).
- Exposure to, and understanding of, project management basics and core-team based product development.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
This role has accountability for ensuring projects are executed in accordance with the verification and traceability requirements incorporated in ISO 13485 and outlined in NDI product development processes.
- Exciting and challenging work based on cool technology
- Growing global company with offices in Waterloo, Vermont, Germany, and Hong Kong
- Stable company that genuinely respects the life-work balance
- Generous employer-paid benefits package
- Casual work environment
- Company-wide bonus program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee social and engagement events throughout the year
- Holiday shut-down
- Free onsite parking
- Deluxe coffee machines with free hot beverages
- Close to GRT and ION stops
NDI is a global leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced 3D measurement technology systems, with over 45,000 installations worldwide. For over 30 years, the company's optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions have been trusted by the world's foremost organizations and institutes in medicine, industry and academia. From image-guided surgery to aeronautics; from quality assurance to biomechanics research, NDI solutions are used whenever best-in-class measurement accuracy and reliability are required.
If you’re interested in furthering your career in a dynamic and innovative organization, please visit www.ndigital.com/careers/ where you can apply online! We thank all candidates for their interest in joining NDI, however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. For more information about NDI and this position, please visit our website: www.ndigital.com.