- Nuvation Energy
- Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Job Function
- PR & Communications
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 60,000 - 79,999
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
About the Position
The Digital Marketing Specialist applies a combination of technical expertise and best practices in marketing to improve brand awareness and increase inbound lead flow. Your toolbox includes the website CMS, Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools, Mailchimp, Nutshell CRM, Adobe Creative Suite, and standard office productivity tools.
You “own” and manage two company websites (www.nuvation.com, www.nuvationenergy.com) with support from graphic designers, engineer subject matter experts, and website developers. You execute marketing communications activities such as e-mail campaigns and webinars and are the key person who makes sure marketing materials look great. You are very hands on, and also use contractors as needed to fill in gaps and keep you focused on marketing. As foundational elements you build become mature, you contribute to the planning of next steps, test performance, analyze results, and design and execute continuous improvement tactics. Your measures of success are upticks in qualified leads, optimized conversion paths, improved search rankings, and great looking marketing collateral.
You have 5+ years of experience in marketing with an emphasis on website management, preferably at a technology company. You are experienced in the development of both print and electronic marketing collateral. You have a strong understanding of SEO and a track record of success improving search rankings.
Nuvation creates complex technologies that could mean a fairly steep learning curve before you can articulate our products, services, and value propositions with confidence. You don’t need to be an engineer yourself, but in order to be successful in this role there needs to be something in your DNA that loves learning, talking about, and being a part of cutting edge new technologies.
- Successful marketing campaigns
- Robust industry-specific online presence
- The bottom line: Lead generation through marketing programs
- Write compelling marketing copy for print and web collateral and communications
- Manage website content updates (products and services pages, articles, events, press releases)
- Work with internal stakeholders and external agencies to optimize SEO and website user experience
- Execute integrated marketing campaign tactics such as online sign-up pages, e-mail blasts, landing pages, and analyze their performance
- Manage CRM and e-mailing lists, engaging in optimization efforts such as list segmentation and data integration across sales and marketing tools
- Assist with the development of document and presentation templates and help create presentations
- Build relations with industry media and get articles, news, and white papers published
- Assist with trade show preparation, i.e. set up on-site meetings, manage show logistics, create itinerary, and coordinate development of promotional materials
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience providing the types of technical marketing support functions listed in this job description
- Higher education in marketing or a related field
- Extensive hands-on experience with marketing tools and techniques
- Intermediate to power-user level skills with Microsoft Power Point, Word, and Excel
- You have a personal interest in and enjoyment of the complex technologies we would like you to market for us
- Very well organized, with extremely high attention to detail
- Aptitude for working with website performance data and synthesizing it into actionable analysis with recommendations.
- Nice to have – Skilled with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- “The right fit” – Nuvation is a very positive, upbeat work environment. We support each other, are sociable, like to laugh and do it often. We love what we do, and do it extremely well. If this describes you, then we want to hear from you!
General Skills & Characteristics to be Successful at Nuvation
All Nuvation employees require a common set of general skills & characteristics – your capability in these areas will enable you to be successful at Nuvation. We take these skills and characteristics seriously – being a Nuvation employee requires more than just experience and role-specific skills.
- You want to learn, and you do so quickly
- You multi-task effectively, moving from activity to activity as the job needs. You can also manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- You are proficient at estimation and critical thinking
- You are independent and self-managing
- You have strong written and verbal communication
- You desire to work and collaborate with people and teams – you make your colleagues better and you grow from their contributions
- You focus on results, with quality
- You are passionate and creative, with a willingness to go beyond the normal
- You are hands-on and practical
Nuvation offers competitive salaries, health and disability insurance, RSP matching, and a profit-based annual bonus. All positions have opportunities for variety, innovation, and success. We have a fast-paced yet relaxed work environment, and a unique corporate culture that will support and encourage you to perform at your personal best for your colleagues and our customers. We promise you respect, teamwork, and appreciation for a job well done.
Nuvation Engineering provides project-based engineering design services and Nuvation Energy provides battery management system products and energy storage engineering services. Both brands work together and operate at the same facilities. In business since 1997, we are headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and have a Design Center in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. For more details please see: www.nuvation.com/about-us, and www.nuvationenergy.com/about-nuvation-energy.