- ANSYS Canada Ltd.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER I
Location: Waterloo (Canada)
Who is ANSYS?
ANSYS is the world leader in engineering simulation. Up to 80% of the cost of a product’s development is determined by the decisions you make early in the design process, and ANSYS helps its customers reduce this cost with physical simulation tools to make better decisions quicker. Customers use ANSYS simulation products to digitally explore design concepts and test critical design choices early in the product life cycle.
What is ANSYS Discovery?
ANSYS Discovery is a new product suite that pushes past the traditional barriers of engineering simulation for the design engineer. Discovery Live provides instantaneous 3D simulation, tightly integrated with direct geometry modeling, to enable interactive design exploration and rapid product innovation. It is an interactive experience in which you can manipulate geometry, materials and physics, and instantly see changes in performance. Discovery AIM combines intuitive guided workflows, accurate simulation results, and optimization in a complete simulation tool.
The Software Developer I role entails designing and implementing new features, user experience and infrastructure for the ANSYS Discovery Suite.
The successful candidate will join a development team that is responsible for bringing new ideas and features to life, producing an immersive and intuitive user experience, and seeing the product through all stages of the software development lifecycle. They can expect to work closely with product management, UX designers, and testers in a dynamic environment. There will be focus on delivering a high-quality product, in which optimization and system integration are key factors.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline
• Strong understanding of C#/.NET
The following are strongly preferred:
• Previous UI development experience, including working with MVVM and MVC patterns
• Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation, PRISM, multi-threading, LINQ
• Understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
• Experience with Visual Studio, Git, Team Foundation Server, and/or C++
• Code-level experience with computer-aided design & engineering concepts
**PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS POSITION USING THE FOLLOWING LINK**