We are looking for a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our client’s network infrastructure. This individual will be part of our IT team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available networks that meet business objectives and SLAs. The Network Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day network operations and maintenance to minimize system downtime and maximize productivity. For this role, the network devices include routers, switches, firewalls, servers and unified communications. Our Network Engineers use their technical expertise to provide superior customer support. They use their experience to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve customer issues.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, servers and so on)
- Day to day administration, monitoring and support of server, storage and network environments including on call support to deal with issues as they arise
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including hot fixes and security configurations
- Support Windows based systems essential to NRBN Operations such as DNS and NMS
- Implement security tools, policies, and procedures focusing on the requirements
- Support and troubleshoot advanced IP security services and internet protocols
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Provide level 2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Provide support in the form of customer diagrams, recommendations, etc.
- Contribute to and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Participating in support through the ticketing system
- Computer Science, Computer Networking or Computer Engineering University Degree or College diploma.
- Network certifications (Cisco or other technologies) will be considered as an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a police records check.
- Knowledge on IP routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, etc), IP security protocols and routing policies.
- Knowledge on windows server versions 2008, 2012, and 2016.
- Knowledge on VMWare virtualization.
- Data Centre facility management such as power, rack, space and cabling
- Proficient in standard office software applications e.g. MS Office 365 and Visio.
- Knowledge on storage systems with NAS and SAN.
- Knowledge on security appliances and all included Security software
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in general Network Engineering/Network Administration
- Extensive experience working with various devices and solutions (Firewall, Routers, Switches, VPN, etc)
- Extensive experience working with windows server, AD, workstations, and other networking elements
- Experience working with network design best practices
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communications skills
- Expertise on design, build and support of network infrastructure
- Experience in working with ticketing tools
- Required to travel to the client’s premises on a regular basis.
- May need to extend or modify hours of work to meet work demands or customer requirements.
- May need to work “On Call” on a rotating basis.