Software Technical Support Analyst
Providing technical support to the end users of WoodWorks® software and to our major clients and partners. You will explain the operation of the program, verify problems reported to you, prepare written reports of bugs and improvement suggestions, and track the resolution of these issues.
Updating On-line Help and Change History documents after changes in the software, using design specifications and bug reports as source information.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering or computer science. Example: an engineering technologists certificate combined with computing knowledge and experience. Civil Engineering Technology is preferred but not essential.
- Work well with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Good understanding of the Windows operating system
- You have an eye for detail and can immediately recognize when something isn’t quite right
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- You write clearly and precisely
Preference given to candidates with:
- Work experience in a formal software technical support environment
- Educational credits in software-related courses
- Structural engineering background
- Technical writing experience
Acronym Software is a small software development company founded in 1986, specializing in structural engineering applications. We make the WoodWorks® software suite for the design of wood structures.
You will be working in a comfortable design office in uptown Waterloo, Ontario, in a casual work environment with flexible work hours, 3 weeks starting vacation and full benefits after 3 months.
We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Please provide a cover letter with your application.