Oculys Health Informatics is a Canadian Ontario-based software healthcare company specializing in developing real-time and predictive software to solve bottlenecks and streamline efficiency – we are the most innovative, affordable, real-time visual management system no-one thought was possible. We deliver innovative solutions to healthcare executives and clinicians in real-time to help hospitals run more efficiently and transparently.
Our technology is currently implemented in 30+ hospital sites throughout Ontario and Manitoba, including the public-facing real-time Emergency Department wait time web site. This was launched by Kitchener’s St. Mary’s General (http://www.smgh.ca/ed-wait-times/).
You will be joining an award-winning, successful and growing company. Oculys recently won 3rd place in a global healthcare technology competition, the Interface Healthcare Challenge 2017. This annual competition invites companies across the globe to compete and find the world’s most innovative digital health start-ups. Oculys was also selected as 1 of 10 of Canada’s most promising emerging technology companies to participate in Lazaridis inaugural Canadian Scale-Up Program. Oculys was recently awarded the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce 2018 Innovation Award, and named OMERS 100 HealthTech companies worth watching in Canada.
If you want to make a real-time difference and work in healthcare with an innovative team, then we’d like to meet you to find out how you can contribute directly to our success.
Our office is located in Waterloo, Ontario and more information about the company can be found at: http://oculys.com/
About the role
This position will report directly to VP, Data Science. We are looking for an individual with a graduate degree who has analytical and programming skills to turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
This role is responsible for:
- Conducting research and devising study plan to answer questions that are of business interest
- Collecting, preparing and organizing data that may come from various sources
- Conducting analysis on the data including building machine learning models
- Interpreting and presenting results to various stakeholders
- Collaborating with other team members to put models into production environments
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of and programming experience with statistics packages, such as R
- Strong knowledge of and programming skills with database (SQL)
- Strong analytical skill with proven evidence ( e.g., scientific Journal papers, course project reports )
- Ability to write reports and present findings with good communication skills
- A graduate degree in statistics, mathematics, computer sciences, information management, or similar fields
- Experience in health care (e.g., hospitals) is a big plus
Working at Oculys goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for hospitals, their employees, and the patients. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.