Technical Support Specialist
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Function
- Customer Service and Technical Support, IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 40,000 - 59,999
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Who we are and what we do
Founded in 2011, Mappedin powers search and discovery indoors, enabling consumers to find what they’re looking for with speed and ease. Our software platform provides industry leading tools to manage dynamic indoor spatial data and offer wayfinding experiences for customer-facing applications, including a recent collaboration with Apple Maps.
Mappedin works with the ten largest malls in Canada, the largest REITs in the US, and in stores, hospitals, campuses, and airports around the world.
Our Customer Operations team works hard to deliver a best in-class experience for all Mappedin customers. Working with numerous internal and external stakeholders, we manage the client life-cycle from implementation and onboarding to maintenance and support.
Who you are and what you’ll do
You enjoy using your expertise and technical skills to help individuals solve problems and benefit from our tools and resources. You understand that delivering a consistent experience goes a long way in creating trust.
As part of the Customer Success team and reporting to the Manager, Customer Success and Training, you own the support channels for both our internal teams and external clients:
- Be a trusted resource and contact for internal teams and provide timely technical support when required.
- Manage our internal networks and infrastructure to ensure all office systems experience minimal down-time during office hours.
- Manage asset tracking system and own deployment and collection of all Mappedin equipment
- Answer incoming support requests in a timely and professional manner and continuously exceed customers’ expectations, as needed.
- Manage and maintain large scale deployments working with multiple vendors, as required.
- Assist in ongoing and establish new processes to improve support workflows.
You are highly interested in learning about or already have experience in:
- A customer service role supporting software and hardware products
- Thinking outside the box and solving problems in a creative manner
- Working non-standard hours as needed (evenings / weekends)
- Zendesk, JIRA, and ProductBoard
- Spanish or Portuguese
What are some challenges?
As a new role serving both internal and external clients, you will need to be familiar with our products and tools and how respective teams and clients exercise these. In addition, as part of a small team, you will need to be comfortable working independently.
Behind the scenes
There’s a lot of trust here at Mappedin. We work flexible hours, have a flexible vacation policy and work to provide the hardware or office equipment you require to unleash your potential. We will do what it takes to get things done if we said we would do it. We stay curious and will always ask each other questions, rarely making assumptions. We recognize that we are all different and will challenge each other’s views and perceptions from time to time, resulting in constructive and healthy debates, but that never stops us from all eating lunch together every day. If you want to join our sports team, we have a blank bright orange jersey here waiting for your name to be printed on it.
Lastly, we have an awesome office cat who loves attention. Allergic? Don't worry, Hobbes stays on the other side of the office and won’t bother you unless you decide to work in the collaboration area there.