Product Designer - 18 Month Contract
Are you a motivated Product Designer who is passionate about creating delightful and usable experiences that help users become awesome? Do you like to think big and have a desire to inspire the people around you? Do you want your design work to have more impact? If this sounds like you, then come join our Product Design team, and help us change the way the world learns!
We're a team of Product Designers and User Experience Researchers with a diverse set of skills and some serious UX chops. We create experiences for people who learn and teach in K-12 schools, higher education, and business.
We're looking for someone who's familiar with the broad UX tools and activities with particular strength in visual design
What we offer
- A design team like no other
- A place for you to learn and grow as a designer and a person.
- Projects that will make you feel good again about working in tech.
- A chance to change the way the world learns.
We also offer a strong team environment and a strong commitment to work/life balance. Your quality of life matters.
What we're after
- Passion – We want to see your passion for people, for design, and for working collaboratively, both with other talented designers and user researchers and with members of cross-functional teams.
- Portfolio – You don’t need to have launched products that have changed the world. But, you'll need to show us your designs and artifacts and talk to us about the business and user problems you were trying to solve and how you approached your work.
- Point of view – We want to hear what you have to say. We're looking for designers who can provide rationales for their work. You’ll need to be able to talk about your ideas, concepts, research findings, and designs in front of others, including senior leadership.
- Collaboration – You're a team player, a self-starter who wants to collaborate with others. You understand that everyone can be a leader. You're comfortable collaborating with other disciplines and with facilitating sessions with colleagues and with users.
- Experience – You have real experience – about 2+ years' worth. You should be able to share examples of artifacts you created and activities you facilitated, how they had an impact, and what you learned. Points for experience in an agile environment and for knowledge of Lean UX, Design Sprints (Google Ventures version of Design Thinking process) & Story Mapping. Bonus points for experience designing and facilitating user research.