- 14 Erb Street W, Waterloo
- $60,000 - $80,000
- Job Function
- Technical Writing, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 60,000 - 79,999
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Guard-Ex is developing a state-of-the-art impairment detection device. The successful candidate must possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry, work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing, design and update software database — this includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces. Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with data scientists, hardware engineers and computer vision experts on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
Innovative and Dynamic - No Cubicles here!
Strategy, Technology & Developing Software
- Able to build algorithms in regards with Computer Vision and Python.
- Able to train models from Big Data and predict accurate values.
- Able to optimize efficiency with the connectivity of IOT.
- Methods to increase internal security with data encryption.
- Carry out Object-Oriented Programming in Java.
- Debug defects and optimize algorithms in minimal timeframes.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Ability to develop statistical tests and run controlled trials.
- At least two years experience of advanced programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, R, Scala.
- Proficiency with with Embedded System Programming.\
- Knowledge of Parallel Programming and High Performance Computing.
- Knowledge of general Machine Learning concepts (both in theory and application) and experience with advanced topics (including Probabilistic Graphical Models [convolutional nets, autoencoders, etc] Sequence Labeling [RNN and LSTM], Manifold Learning [encoding and dimensionality reduction of non-Gaussian data], and Semi-supervised Learning).
Organizational Culture Asymmetry
- Have a great attitude and are proven self-starters.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- Thrive and ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
Communication & Collaborative Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driving innovation
- Continious Integration
If you like thrive on always finding new ways to grow as a company - we want to hear from you.