- Ontario Die International
- Job Function
- Product Management
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
You want to work for an established company that recognizes the virtue of automation and autonomy. You are driven, calm, and never would a half done project bear your name. You are motivated by making an impact on the technological and commercial trajectory of the company you work for. You eat complex problems for breakfast and your dessert is documentation.
About the Job
It isn’t often that a company internally invests in a truly altering development effort. At ODI the Advanced Development Program (ADP) is finding new ways to automate our production line. Our global production facilities servicing the automotive industry are thirsty for innovation in the form of automation. The main focus would be our current generation autobender, our new generation AKAI (imagine Bender from futurama without the attitude) , DieTrack (a vision based software for tracking die cutting) with potential to grow. We need more people on our team to bring the state of the art to practical applications. The product manager essentially translated customer and market high level requirements coupled with business analysis to technical requirements and development strategy. A navigator and herder, the product manager makes sure the team is rowing in the right direction. You'll be reporting to the Director of Product Development whom with you'd share the workload of managing these products and deployment programs.
- Navigate the engineering and product development effort in the direction best suited to fulfill user expectations and production requirements
- Create and execute on yearly and quarterly product roadmaps that prioritize our development resources towards the company’s long
- range product suite goals.
- Manage the entire product strategy and lifecycle from concept to end of life - Leverage lean startup and agile development to quickly
- Work with Operations and Production team to translate design outputs into procedures, testing methods and quality control release
- criteria for scaled production.
- Lead Design Control activities and assist in the design and documentation for developing products
- Plan and Monitor design verification and validation test plans as required
- Plan and Ensure compliance to key deliverables.
- Plan and manage budget, personnel and equipment requirements.
- Manage project planning and project tracking through a NPD/NPI model for selected products
- Participate in shaping company strategy.
- Facilitate evaluating of technological solutions and vendors partnerships best suited for ODI's product strategy.
You will stay on top of recent developments in perception algorithms, sensing technology and basic control methodologies. You'll devise improvements for our other product offerings.
- Graduate degree in engineering or computer science, with specialization in either algorithm design, perception, image processing or
- +5 years experience working with robotics and/or industrial automation (including internships and research assistance)
- Good understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems
- Proven track record of internal motivation to impact the organization without direction from upper management
- Ability to independently develop technical requirements, system architecture plans, including timelines and test procedures
- Experience with data analysis tools and software
- Excellent teamwork/communication skills