Intermediate Full-stack Developer
- Downtown Toronto, ON, Canada
- $65,000 - $80,000, 0.05%-0.2% equity
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 60,000 - 79,999
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
MedChart is a venture-backed Toronto healthcare and technology startup embarking on a period of rapid growth! We are building the world’s most comprehensive health information marketplace of patient-owned, accessible, compliant data using both Blockchain and AI. Our platform aggregates official health record data from all hospitals, doctors' offices and other healthcare facilities across North America on behalf of patients, lawyers, insurers, researchers and private medicine providers. Through AI, we functionalize these disparate health data sets and power insights for world-leading research and applications.
What's in it for you:
MedChart is growing 10X over the next 12 months and offers an opportunity to become an early stage team member. You will help drive MedChart and influence the product, architecture and user experience. You will work on challenging high-impact problems in an agile fast-paced and exciting startup environment located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Finally, your opportunities for advancement will continue to grow as we rapidly expand across North America and build a huge company!
What we're looking for:
You will be joining a small team who is passionate about MedChart when you start in this position. You will immediately jump into a project to expand our current platform based on real customer needs. You will be given plenty of flexibility on how to implement your code and propose solutions. You will be coding as if you were a contributor of an Open Source repo: fork, code, test and pull request. We will provide mentoring and work closely with you to help you succeed on this project!
● Develop, test, release, and maintain complex software
● Always thinking of ways to improve reliability, performance, and scalability
● Ensure our services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production
● Work with the team or independently to solve critical time-sensitive customer issues from time to time
● Training as a team and contributing to process building
● Maintaining the highest standards of integrity, confidentiality, and security
Our ideal candidates:
● Completed training in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
● At least 1-year Experience in C# ASP.NET using MVC Framework and React.js
● Experience with CSS tools
● Knowledge of SQL Server and Entity Framework is a plus
● Experience in developing, releasing, and maintaining complex software
● Deep familiarity with debugging, performance measurement, and testing strategies
● Enthusiastic about working in a start-up work culture
● Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment and are eager to share your expertise and experience with others
● Have an appreciation for simple, reusable, fast, and elegant software
● Have integrity and hold your work and the work of teammates to the highest standards
● Demonstrate a history of accountability, reliability, and self-management
● Have strong attention to quality control and enjoy detail-oriented work
● Enjoy working closely with a tight-knit team and training others in a growing team
● Enjoys working hard to achieve goals and help make customers’ lives better!
● C#, ASP.NET MVC, JQuery and Entity Framework, React.js, Azure Bus Queues, .NET Core, CosmosDb, Serverless Apps (Azure Functions), Logic Apps and much more. Plenty of opportunities for fun and learning!
Nice to have: Understanding of machine learning tools and principles.
● Health and Lifestyle benefit spending accounts
● Employee discounts to gyms and fitness
● Agile project-oriented work environment
● Open PTO policy
● Frequent team lunches and events
● Annual retreat!
● Amazing office located in the heart of Downtown Toronto Fashion District
● A positive, diverse and growth-oriented team environment
● Active in the local tech and startup community with optional after-hours events and meetups
Salary: $65,000 - $80,000
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.
MedChart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.