PT/Casual Medical Record Collection Specialist - Toronto, ON
MedChart is a venture-backed Toronto healthcare and technology startup embarking on a period of rapid growth! We are building the world’s most comprehensive health information marketplace of patient-owned, accessible, compliant data using both Blockchain and AI. Our platform aggregates official health record data from all hospitals, doctors' offices and other healthcare facilities across North America on behalf of patients, lawyers, insurers, researchers and private medicine providers. Through AI, we functionalize these disparate health data sets and power insights for world-leading research and applications.
What's in it for you:
MedChart is growing 10X over the next 12 months and offers an opportunity to become an early stage team member. You will help drive MedChart and influence the product, architecture and user experience. You will work on challenging high-impact problems in an agile fast-paced and exciting startup environment located in the heart of downtown Toronto.
What we're looking for:
Record collection specialists will be contacting Canadian and US-based hospitals, doctors’ offices, labs and health centers to gather medical records for our customers by phone, fax, email, and courier.
● Calling providers to follow up on record requests and ensure timely turnaround of records
● Commitment to customer satisfaction and customer advocation
● Customer service to resolve issues with healthcare clinics, hospital record departments, and law firms
● Operations management with decision support, documentation, and metrics reporting
● Training as a team and contributing to process building
● Maintaining the highest standards of data quality, data integrity, confidentiality, and security
Our ideal candidates:
● Have 2-3 years of work experience in customer service / health information management roles
● Grade 12 or equivalent
● Recognized Office Administration program; or Medical Records Assistant Certificate/Diploma; or equivalent experience
● Medical Terminology course or working knowledge
● Recognition/Knowledge of health record documents
● Strong English communication skills
● Competency in French is an asset
● Demonstrate a history of accountability, reliability, and self-management
● Are excited for a non-traditional, creative startup environment
● Have strong attention to quality control and enjoy detail-oriented work
● Enjoy working closely with a tight-knit team and training others in a growing team
● Have excellent computer skills and ability to report bugs in the software
● Is fluent in computer productivity software and internet research
● Enjoys working hard to achieve goals and help make customers’ lives better!
● Results-oriented work environment, open PTO policy
● Frequent team lunches and events
● Annual retreat!
● Amazing offices located in the heart of Downtown Toronto Fashion District
● A positive, diverse and growth-oriented team environment
● Active in the local tech and startup community with optional after-hours events and meetups
Salary: $33,000 - $40,000
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.
MedChart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.