- Intellijoint Surgical Inc.
- Job Function
- Design & UX
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Intellijoint is seeking a creative and resourceful Product Designer to help round out our R&D team. Intellijoint Surgical creates smart, simple, and easy-to-use medical devices for orthopedic procedures. We’ve made a fantastic product with Intellijoint HIP that surgeons love to use and greatly improves their experience in the operating theatre. Our design chops and surgeon-centric decisions have gotten us this far but now we need your help. We’re looking for someone to help take our user interface and user experiences to the next level.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Product / R&D team to build product, but often collaborating with Marketing and Sales
- Evaluate both current and under-development products and features and identify areas where notable usability gains may be achieved
- Contribute to all phases of a feature or product development, from ideation and feasibility, user needs and requirements, detailed design and implementation, through to testing and release.
- Help formulate requirements, produce user stories, flowcharts, wireframes, and create functional prototypes in early phases of feature or product development
- Solidify concepts, deliver final image assets, source sounds, and help with front end development and implementation to seal the deal on a polished product
- Test and validate the usability of design outputs before releasing to the field
- Absorb feedback from users and sales team to understand the use in the field and where things could be better
- Overlap with Marketing team to ensure consistent aesthetic throughout product and marketing materials
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to provide a portfolio or samples of work that have made an impact on users
- 3+ years’ experience preferred; open to new grads with strong portfolios and extracurriculars
- Graphic design ability in: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Know sounds and colour palettes like the back of your hand
- Experience with HTML and CSS beneficial
- Experienced in mobile app development, specifically iOS beneficial (e.g. creating slick iPhone apps, with a strong emphasis on aesthetic and usability)
Soft Skills and Key Characteristics:
- Keen eye for great design and pleasant user experiences
- Able to explain which designs won’t work and why
- No task too big or too small approach
- Nimble with a strong sense of urgency to support our business needs
- Able to work independently, organize, plan and prioritize competing needs and issues
- Start-up mentality and strong team player
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal) to various audiences
What does success look like in this role?
- Intellijoint HIP products are even more beautiful, have consistent design throughout, and provide an even greater experience for the surgeon to use
- New Intellijoint products are built from a fresh slate with users in mind to improve even further on Intellijoint’s strong fundamentals with a matching design aesthetic throughout product suite.
- You contribute to one of the key IJS Values of thoughtfulness and always think about the needs of surgeons, while considering the impact on patients, for any product decisions