The Pricing Manager is responsible for the evaluation, development and implementation of pricing strategies based on current business and competitive environment. In this role you will conduct research and perform competitive pricing analysis and trends designed to support pricing information decisions. The Pricing Manager performs analysis on customer price sensitivity and elasticity. You will work in conjunction with product management, product marketing, sales and finance functions to set prices, test pricing strategies, and determine go-to-market pricing on new product launches.
You Are Great At:
- Operating as an integral part of the OpenText pricing team; engaging in a consultative and advisory capacity with product management and product marketing to develop and deliver creative, competitive, compelling and compliant pricing proposals.
- Creating, utilizing and managing data analysis models and tools and looking for ways to develop and leverage them.
- Bringing awareness of competitive/industry standard benchmarks and pricing models for on premise and cloud software and services
- Delivering on time proposals and providing decision support information for internal approvals
- Coordinating pricing activity, including gathering requirements, running financial models, presenting outputs and managing contributing stakeholders where applicable. Proactively working with functional peer groups at management levels to drive development and realization of pricing proposals.
- Gathering, analyzing and responding to guidance and feedback.
What It Takes:
- 8+ years of pricing related experience
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in a global organization
- Strong analytics, problem solving and financial skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Mentoring/Coaching skills
- Strategic planning abilities