IT Operations Specialist
You’re a geek at heart, love technology and have a reputation for getting stuff done.
What you'll do:
- Support internal IT systems (wired/wireless networks, servers, employee workstations, phone system, VPN, etc.)
- Ensure the security of our systems and data through best practices, monitoring, and security audits
- Configure, and maintain equipment according to business needs
- Work with new employees to make sure the technology on-boarding experience is seamless and easy
- Support the day-to-day IT needs of employees and solve any issues that arise
What you’ll need:
- Proficiency configuring and maintaining Windows, OSX, and Ubuntu systems
- Strong understanding of network protocols (DHCP, DNS, LDAP, TCP/IP, SSH, etc.) and related tools and debugging methods
- Experience with virtualization and hypervisors (especially VMWare ESXi)
- Experience with modern best practices and tools for network and physical security
- A "happy to help" and easy-going attitude towards supporting both technical and non-technical employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.