Customer Care and Technical Support Specialist
You’re a shameless tech enthusiast who loves learning the ins and outs of the latest gadget. You have excellent communication skills and are able to convey intricate technical information clearly and concisely. You’re a team player with the ability to work with cross-functional teams covering engineering, marketing, and operations. You love to help others and have a passion for the role that the customer experience plays in the success of a company.
What You'll Do:
- Within 15 days,
- Learn the ins and outs of the Myo armband and the internal and external tools used by the customer care team
- Address customer inquiries including, but not limited to, technical issues, return policies, warranty policies, shipping concerns, and developer support
- Assure that all technical information being conveyed to customers is accurate and up to date
- Assist customers with software and hardware and development issues
- Work alongside the marketing and engineering teams to maintain a great customer experience
- Take ownership of order management for the Myo Store
- Within 30 days,
- Help plan, develop, and document care processes and strategies for new products & projects
- Support internal teams (product, software, hardware, marketing and more) with customer care related initiatives
- Learn the technical details of current and future projects
- Help loop customer feedback to internal teams to drive product development and experiences
- Within 60 days,
- Become a customer care champion internally and externally
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years experience in a customer support role
- Ability to easily comprehend technical problems and convey solutions for both hardware and software issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to handle difficult, and potentially confrontational situations, with patience and ease
Bonus points for:
- Background in the tech/consumer electronics industry
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Independent worker with strong initiative
- Previous startup experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.