Talent Acquisition Partner (Technical Recruiter)
You love technology and have a reputation for filling the toughest roles with the right hires. You pride yourself on your excellent track record of leveraging your deep network to find that needle in a haystack who is the perfect fit both culturally and technically. You are the eyes and ears of industry by being plugged into the centres of excellence for whatever technology you seek. You have a high level of energy and a constant sense of urgency in everything you do.
- Within 3 weeks
- Fully understand our recruitment systems and process
- Meet with the hiring leads for the teams you will support and understand their needs
- Familiarize yourself with the different types of candidates we will need in the short, medium, and long term
- Shadow Talent Acquisition team members to hear how they present Thalmic’s value proposition to prospective candidates
- Meet with the People Partner and support members of the team to understand how they support the recruitment function
- Learn about the industry associations, groups, conferences, universities, colleges and research institutes that are key to the technologies you support as well as making contact with their key people
- Within 6 weeks
- Take on additional recruitment roles
- Build your knowledge and expertise in the technical nature of the teams you are supporting and some of the key companies from which to source candidates
- Build an online presence in these new technologies using a variety of tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Build consistency in weekly deliverables such as interviews booked, candidates advanced, and offers extended
- Progressing towards filling your first role if you have not done so already
- Within 3 months
- Hiring leads are accustomed to a level of success from you at this point
- New role intake discussions are more collaborative at this time
- Establish connections with the people that make up the teams you support and what companies they came from so you know who to go to for networking
- Knowledge of our recruitment process and expert use of all our tools is second nature
- Industry expertise including knowledge of centres of excellence is well developed
- On an ongoing basis
- You are receiving a high level of LinkedIn requests and emails from unknown candidates based on constantly asking for referrals
- Consistently understand your hiring lead's needs and present possible candidates for future consideration
- You can quickly find the direct competitors but also the semi-competitors who still have the right type of people you seek
- Take on additional projects that help support the Talent Acquisition Team
What You’ll Need:
- Experience working in high growth technical companies
- Development of a successful process for quickly identifying, attracting, and closing high value candidates
- Record of success partnering with technical teams and hiring leads to execute on their hiring plans
Bonus Points For:
- Start-up experience
- Interest in the most up-to-date Recruitment technology, tools, and trends
- Experience implementing recruitment technology and tools
- Software development recruitment expertise
- Previous agency recruitment experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.