Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Client Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 16th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
We are seeking an efficient, task-oriented individual to join our growing team as an Accounts Payable Administrator, in a part-time capacity (24 hours per week), on a one-year contract with potential to grow into a permanent role.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, you will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions, purchasing, and other accounting duties as assigned. Please note that this is a one-year contract position, working 24 hours per week.
- Managing accounts payable, including following up on vendor invoicing and tracking of purchase orders
- Fostering strong relationships with vendors through timely and friendly correspondence, including addressing any payment and invoicing related issues
- Collaborating internally on the proper accounting treatment of invoices and accruals
- Updating and maintaining accrual tracking spreadsheets and subledgers to support accurate financial reporting and forecasting
- Tracking and recording credit card activity, including performing credit card reconciliations
- Improve and automating accounts payable and related systems
- Stay on top of purchase invoices/accruals under complex vendor agreements
- Collaborate with Finance team and the business to ensure all A/P related responsibilities are met in a timely manner
- Verify that orders are charged to the proper accounts
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions
- Entering A/P data into accounting system
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records
- Other administrative office duties as necessary
- Review purchase requests and manage approval process.
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase requests and supporting documents to suppliers.
- Track order acknowledgements, prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, and provide visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Track orders and confirm system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Lead finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contribute to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base
- Other office supply purchase duties as necessary.
What will you need to succeed?
- 3 years experience in comparable role
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Above-average accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid working knowledge of accounting basics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience with Quickbooks considered a strong asset
- Strong Excel skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active, ability to work independently
- Ability to problem solve
- An understanding of Canadian sales tax
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.