Portfolio Manager, Engineering and Technology Strategy
At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: AVP, Quantitative Investment & Portfolio Risk
The Portfolio Manager, Portfolio Engineering and Technology Strategy will be a key member of the Asset Management Group responsible for investing Equitable assets. In this role, you will also be responsible for developing and executing a robust repeatable investment strategy in the relevant asset class or portfolio, and for adding capabilities and improving efficiency to our investment processes. This will include portfolio construction, risk and analysis items. Up for the challenge? Equitable wants to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Lead portfolio management of a specific component of the portfolio and develop and implement the overall strategy for that component of the portfolio (portfolio optimization of an asset class, forecasting significant drivers of asset returns, return on required capital improvements with LICAT, IFRS related strategic changes, etc.)
- Identify income enhancement transactions within risk tolerances and capital considerations
- Contribute to strategy development for Capital Markets
- Develop and implement technical infrastructure strategies within investment. This includes remaining current on rapidly changing technology as it applies to investments.
- Ensure there is a discipline around the consideration of technology applications in relation to existing priorities and availability of resources
- Lead our open source presence by releasing business agnostic software in the open source community to build up a community of additional users and contributors further advancing the software over time
- Responsible for evaluating which software will benefit from open source release and adapt a strategy that will benefit both Equitable and the open source community over time.
- Ensure informational integrity with models and processes to maintain ongoing effectiveness
- Work with AVP Quantitative Investments & Portfolio Risk as well as AVP Capital Markets
What you'll need:
- Degree in technology and/or investment or related field
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- 5+ years’ experience in Investments or related field
- Experience in liability driven portfolio management such as pension or insurance industry
- Experience managing a broad set of asset classes
- 5+ years’ experience with programming and process design
- Superior Technical Skills: Python, SQL (database design and utilization)
- Experience contributing and leading collaborative technology projects such as open source
- Experience leading a group of analysts or developers would be an asset
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.