Senior Hardware Engineer
AdHawk Microsystems is changing the way that humans interact with computers by introducing microsystems that can detect eye movements and micro-gestures with unprecedented resolution, speed, and power efficiency. Our eye tracking sensors will transform the way people use Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) technology through foveated rendering, intuitive and seamless UI design, and enhanced immersion. In addition, our micro-gesture inputs to wearable devices will enable effortless interaction through applications like mid-air swipe keyboards for smart watches.
We are a fully funded startup with an experienced management team that believes in the ability of candidates to make a significant contribution to the future of human computer interaction. We believe in a flexible work environment with an emphasis on results and outcomes--not hours. Our team consists of researchers and engineers of the highest caliber with a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for the technology we develop. We publish award-winning research papers, fabricate custom silicon chips at leading foundries and push the boundaries of physics and manufacturing to develop products that create compelling value for our customers.
The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience with a number of new Human Computer Interaction (HCI) peripherals built around a groundbreaking MEMS electro-optical sensor platform. You will be one of the first with an opportunity to redefine the way people use VR/AR technology. You will also have a chance to develop sensing hardware on wearable devices that leverage a new paradigm in gestural input technology. Our range of customers and collaborators includes renowned international corporations and research institutes from around the world.
In this role you will develop MEMS drive electronics and optical sensing circuits at the discrete and ASIC level. You'll submit quarterly MPW/shuttle runs to top-tier CMOS foundries for fabrication of test circuits and devices providing ample opportunity for circuit tapeout and validation. We have access to ample resources for assembly and test allowing our engineers to quickly iterate on designs. You'll have the unique opportunity to work with a variety of hardware systems including flex, rigid-flex, LTCC, HTCC, VCSELs and optics all under one roof.
Perks of working at AdHawk include: free lunches and snacks, table tennis with weekly coaching sessions, VR gaming, attendance of high impact conferences and tradeshows, and last but not least working in a former sushi restaurant location! We look forward to working with creative, enthusiastic individuals in an exciting startup environment!
Undergraduate Engineering or Physics Degree with 5+ years circuit design experience
- Contribute innovative and original ideas to the technology, algorithms and products from ideation to implementation
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate into hardware to advance performance metrics: power, speed, accuracy, reliability, yield and cost
- Develop integration techniques for tracker hardware in various form factors
- Produce fully functional and robust prototypes for novel 3D sensing applications such as depth mapping, gesture recognition, ranging etc.
- Circuit design experience in an analog/mixed-signal environment at the board, chip and system level
- Electro-optical sensing of low-level signals in a power constrained environment
- Analog signal conditioning and filtering
- Experience with SPICE simulation and PCB schematic entry and layout using Eagle, Cadence OrCad/Allegro and/or Altium Designer
- Design and testing of precision analog circuits
- Rapid prototyping & debugging: soldering, harnessing, and/or fixturing
- Strong technical writing expertise for production of datasheets, application guides, customer correspondence, etc.
- Familiar with low power MCU (ST, Atmel, TI etc.) and its peripheral circuits (MIPI, SPI etc.).
- Basic programming: C/C++/Python or equivalent.
Good Skills to Have
- Worked with MEMS based sensors
- High volume consumer product development experience
- High speed PCB design
- Flex board design