Senior Business Systems Analyst
At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance and Business Systems Analysis – Group IT
Department: Group Insurance IT
Equitable Life is looking for a collaborative and analytical problem solver who will bring new ideas and a whole lot of common sense and practicality to the team while rolling up their sleeves to help in every aspect of project delivery. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your business systems analysis expertise to ensure the delivery of quality solutions, then come join our team!
Group IT covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery for applications supporting the Group line of business. We are looking for someone to provide support and produce detailed system requirements and/or functional specifications. You will work in close partnership with our business and technology partners, project teams and stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications.
What you'll do:
- Provide analytical support, recommendations and analysis to our business stakeholders
- Collaborate in the strategy, planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications
- Fully understand and support business and technical requirements
- Use analytical skills to develop an objective review and a forward-looking strategy as it applies to business functionality, strategic direction, technical solutions, systems and processes
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed solutions to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, and tools)
- Participate in quality management reviews, including designs, prototypes and other artifacts
- Provide guidance to other junior/intermediate staff on various assignments
- Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications, taking into account non-functional requirements
- Develop written documentation that is clear, understandable, audience appropriate and accurately captures the key information required for a quality solution that meets business needs
- Assist testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing
- Providing QA support when required (ex: contributing to test execution)
- Contribute to project management activities such as: scoping and estimating project efforts, identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures, communicating activity status, as well as escalating and communicating possible issue
- Gain knowledge in Group area, stay abreast of technology trends and developments, develop expertise in Equitable Life services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques, business domains and their products and services
- Troubleshoot production support issues as needed and assist with root cause analysis and recommend solutions to rectify issues.
What you'll need:
- Sound knowledge of Business Systems Analysis practice and industry best practice models
- Minimum eight (8) full years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in projects and production support environment
- Proven ability to lead and mentor junior/intermediate Business Systems Analysts
- Customer and results focused.
- Able to understand and act based on client needs, assess risks, and achieve a valued result
- Demonstrated ability in stakeholder analysis, elicitation, facilitation, requirements management and communication, requirements analysis and solution validation
- Innovative, Problem-Solving and Analysis ability to find new approaches to problem management
- Experience in Group Benefits
- General knowledge of International Financial reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Hands on experience in a mainframe/GUI based environment
- Solid problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and balance multiple concurrent assignments and deadlines
- Ability to find innovative solutions to business challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with experience writing business systems/functional requirements, use cases and process flows
- Ability to work on your own or in agile environment
- A passion for analysis and quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, College diploma or equivalent work experience Awareness and understanding of cultural diversity
- Experience with MS Office and MS Visio, as well as ALM & TFS
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge and Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- CCBA or CBAP or working towards designation
- Ability to write and understand SQL queries
- Previous exposure/experience in financial services industry when it comes to Group Benefits
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group