Aircraft Performance QA Team Lead
Aircraft Performance QA Team Lead
Location: Waterloo Office
Reports to: Manager, QA
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, has an opening for an Aircraft Performance Software Quality Assurance Team Lead to help us realize the full potential of our array of aeronautical navigation software solutions. These tools cover a wide range of functions from data processing and map generations, to administration and delivery functions—all of which require rigorous test protocols in order to be certified by the regulatory bodies for use in aviation data processing. The SQA department at NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, is responsible for validation and verification of many flight critical, aviation-based product lines.
The Aircraft Performance Software Quality Assurance Team Lead has extensive industry and product experience in Managing Test Team, Test Coordination, Aircraft Performance, Test Design, Test Execution (Automated and Manual).
Responsibilities include developing Test Strategy and Test Plan for calculating Aircraft Take-Off, Landing, SCAP update and validation of safe procedures in case of an engine failure at take-off, Decision Making, Monitoring day to day testing progress, Training, Coaching, Guiding Team Members, assigning daily task, Coordinating Testing activity with internal and external stakeholders, Test Design, Test Execution and Test Reporting.
Also, required experience on gathering, measuring, generating monthly QA performance Metric/Report with industry standard KPIs and communicate with Test Manager/Project Managers and Stakeholders.
We value outside-the-box thinking to merge high-confidence testing with fast-paced delivery of aviation software.
Duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed as listed below with very little or no assistance:
- Provide Leadership to Aircraft Performance Testing Team.
- Act as Aircraft Performance Subject Matter Expert (SME) to resolve complex Aircraft Performance related software issues.
- Develop Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Cases for Aircraft Performance calculation & measurement.
- Develop and Execute Test plan to validate and ensure safety of flight activities during Take-Off, Landing.
- Develop and Execute Test Plan to validate safe procedures in case of an engine failure at take-off.
- Develop and Execute Test Plan to calculate parameters of SCAP update, Aircraft performance data for the FMS and Flight Manuals.
- Work closely with Architects, Development Leads to understand SW Requirements and review Functional Specifications, SW Workflow and provide feedback to improve Manual and Automated Test Coverage.
- Work in collaboration with Development Teams to fully understand new product’s functionality to develop Manual Test Design.
- Develop Software Release Test Plan based on Release Requirements, Execute Release Test Plan that you have developed, Review Test Results, Prepare Software Release Report for executive review and defend your Software release recommendation in front of stakeholders.
- Identify testing risks in terms of Test Coverage, Leveraging Strategy to reduce testing time and provide solutions to mitigate risks.
- Identify opportunities of Automation optimization and improvements.
- Troubleshoot technical or configuration difficulties to solve testing difficulties, provide workaround to get the job done.
- Represent Quality Team in daily standup meeting and ensure backlog cleared in a daily basis.
- Coach, Guide, Mentor, Train Team Members to improve productivity.
- Develop a process within the team to enhance Team Member’s Skills Set to keep momentum with technological changes in the company/industry.
- Effectively utilize the team members per their skills and team deliverables.
- Escalate critical issues/show stopper proactively to QA Manager with alternate proposal.
- Research and implement new tools and methodologies to improve efficiency for Process, Project and Deliverables.
- Conduct Candidate Selection, Interview, Performance Review.
- Assign daily task priority and work closely with your direct reports for their long-term career development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aircraft Performance Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience of working in Aircraft Performance Engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience managing onshore-offshore testing team
- 4+ years of experience on coaching, guiding, mentoring testing team.
- 4+ years of experience on escalating issues and reporting test results to Management.
- 4+ years of experience on Leadership with cross functional team.
- 4+ years of experience with Manual and Automated Test Execution
- 4+ years of experience on STLC (Software Test Life Cycle) and STDDC (Software Test Design Development Cycle)
- 4+ years of experience with Manual Test Design using Test Management Tools (ALM, HPQC, Zephyr, Spira etc)
- 4+ years of experience using Maven, Selenium, JUnit, JSON, Jenkins, SVN, Git, GitLib, GitHub, SQL Queries
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experienced to contribute in a high collaborative cross-functional testing environment
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE is the new generation of digital, user-friendly Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management solutions. Powered by Airbus’ pioneer spirit and infused with Navtech’s agility, it combines the best of both worlds.
A leading global provider of flight operations solutions serving more than 400 airlines and aviation service companies across all platforms, NAVBLUE has a proven track record in product innovation. With access to Airbus’ resources and data, NAVBLUE provides its customers with the best solutions based on the best data, fully supporting them in their digital transformation.
Located in the University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite in the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. We also enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code
- Competitive group benefits plan & RRSP match
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our customers. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve processes and technologies.