Field Application Engineer / Specialist
- MAJiK Systems
- 48,000 - 62,000 Base
- Job Function
- Manufacturing, Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Field Applications Specialist
Majik Systems - www.majik.io
Hiring Full-Time, On-Site Position, Downtown Kitchener
A little about us.
Majik Systems builds the most intuitive and best looking Manufacturing Execution Systems for manufacturers.
Our team is driven, proactive, and we maintain a relaxed and fun atmosphere. The team values personal growth, having fun and building disruptive technologies.
Look around! Nearly everything you see is manufactured.
What you build here will directly change manufacturing and aid its transition into the fourth industrial revolution known as industry 4.0! At MAJiK, you will help introduce new technologies into factories. Through interoperability, we bring IoT principles to factories by connecting disparate systems and data sources to collect and share production information in real-time. Our software harnesses this information to provide decision makers with transparency into their factory’s operations, allowing them to react swiftly to urgent problems, make more informed decisions, and pinpoint areas for actions or improvements.
You can expect to learn and contribute a lot at MAJiK and help shape the direction of one of the largest industries on the planet!
Industrial Operations & Continuous Improvement: We provide value by making systems and processes more efficient and reliable for our clients. We are constantly developing tools to help solve industrial challenges such as factory transparency, continuous improvement, production forecasting, work order attainment, and reduction in waste such as downtime and scrap.
Networking and IoT: We are active in the IoT community! Specifically with manufacturing, to build the best virtual representation of a factory it is important that all types of systems, sensors, equipment, SCADA systems, and data sources can communicate.
Business Development and Entrepreneurship: You will be working alongside the founders of the company. We welcome any questions you have, and if you are interested in other areas of the company, we welcome you to join us in our sales discussions, planning sessions, and product-review meetings.
Field Applications Specialist Position
MAJiK Systems creates Manufacturing Execution Systems for the Consumer Packaged Goods and Automotive Supply industries. We target large manufacturers with multiple production facilities where our distributed web application can be incrementally rolled out to multiple sites as we prove our value. We offer our software on a yearly subscription so it is imperative that we not only deliver a valuable product to our customers but also continue to support them and help them find ways to continue to improve their production year-over-year. Our business is based off of a direct enterprise sales model and each account is managed directly by a Field Applications Engineer. Our software is configurable to help manufacturers in different spaces realize their production goals.
As a Field Applications Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Receive Qualified Leads and Prospects from the Sales Team and other Sales Channels and work to turn them into customers
- Research potential customers (on-site visits, remote discussions, and organizational research) to identify pain points and create custom solutions based off of MAJiK’s current software offerings for projects with potential customers
- Present proposals to potential customers’ management teams and update proposal as required to create a concrete vision and value proposition for project that creates buy in from all levels of the organization
- Manage implementation of software and training at customer site. You will work closely with MAJiK System Integration Engineers to deliver on project proposals.
- Collect feedback and give input about marketing content and demonstration tools provided to the Sales Team
- Work with the Product Management Team to identify features required by potential customers
- Advocate for customers within our organization – ensure customer satisfaction is always our highest priority
- Act in a consulting role for our current customers to find areas that we can help them improve their processes, utilize our software more effectively, and meet or exceed the goals they have for their Manufacturing Execution System projects. Work to expand MAJiK’s footprint within each organization you deal with.
- Be the first line of Customer Support within our organization for the customers that you manage. Triage issues and provide a high level of contact while resolutions are being provided
- Attend weekly scrum-style Sales Meetings and report progress on last week’s sales goals and deal close timelines to evaluate performance and set goals for the next week
- Attend weekly cross-functional Customer Success meetings to provide feedback on Closing Deals, Implementation Schedules, Current Customers' Issues & Bugs, New Features, Strategies to expand reach within current customers
Skills and Experience
The following skills will be beneficial to your role:
- In-depth understanding of modern manufacturing concepts such as Just-In-Time, Statistical Process Control, Theory of Constraints, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to explain the value and capabilities of our solution in a way customers understand
- Understanding of current automation technology and tools used by large-scale manufacturers. Some experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Computer Numerical Controls (CNCs), and other production automation technology will be useful
- Be very process oriented and help to improve the sales and customer support processes for our growing team
- Enterprise Software Sales experience or a technical manufacturing background is an asset – we sell a very technical product
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group