Technical Support Analyst
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too! We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Analyst to join our 24/7 global support team. You will be based out of our Waterloo, Ontario office, reporting to the Technical Support Manager.
This role requires an individual experienced in resolving issues related to customized computer systems, cellular modem operation, and various digital video broadcast and delivery systems. This role is ideal for someone who loves helping others, has loads of initiative and great follow through skills. It’s a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of a talented team in a fun, fast paced, late stage startup environment!
- Provide external customer support in a helpdesk environment
- Set-up, configuration and troubleshooting of proprietary Dejero hardware and network issues
- Perform Hardware diagnosis and repairs,
- Perform remote diagnosis and product updates,
- Clearly document incidents in order to improve our products, services, and support within a ticketing system.
- Provide product training to customers (on-site and online).
- Create effective product documentation, training materials, and knowledge base articles.
- Champion issues with engineering to resolve problems and improve our products.
- Analyze and recommend process improvements.
- Other duties as appropriate.
- Exceptional problem solver, able to identify and document key details, and methodically troubleshoot problems, specifically with computer and network related issues but also able to apply those skills to related areas.
- Strong team player; willing to share and brainstorm issues as a team.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize issues in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Passionate about technology and customer satisfaction.
- Effective listening skills and ability to ask appropriate questions to determine root cause.
- Professional, diligent, and reliable.
- BS or equivalent in computer science or engineering.
- 3-5 years with technical experience in the IT, Broadcast Cable and/or telecom industries.
- Previous experience in a technical support environment assisting customers remotely performing troubleshooting, diagnosis and product updates.
- Competent understanding of networking technologies and protocols.
- Excellent English communication skills are critical; both verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to travel on occasion (<10%).
- Ability to speak multiple languages would be a benefit.
- Knowledge of digital video formats and delivery systems.
Dejero is well known for the best customer service and support in the industry! One of the ways we strive to offer the highest standard of service is by offering 24/7 global coverage. The successful candidate will be required to maintain a rotating shift schedule of which the following three shifts are currently available: 1pm - 9pm, 5pm - 1am, and 12am - 8am (eastern standard time zone). We also have a weekend rotation as well. The duration of each shift rotation is approximately three months.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact the People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group