We are looking for bright and passionate people to be founding members of Great-West Life’s new Digital Labs. Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Do you ALWAYS think about the customer first? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions, we want to talk to you.
ABOUT GWL’S DIGITAL LABS
Great-West Life is embarking on a transformation that will change the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Labs, we are designing, coding and delivering new products improving the lives of millions of Canadians. We are changing the way a trusted institution operates by acting as a start-up, bringing human centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. Our multi-functional teams of Designers, Developers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners all huddle together because we have an open, innovative and inclusive culture which is focused on us – talented individuals.
As a UX Designer, you are an integral part of a team of passionate people who are transforming the design and product vision into seamless and engaging user experiences. You will support the strategic design of customer experience solutions throughout the entire design lifecycle. You will collaborate with business partners, scrum teams and other internal stakeholders to help turn business requirements, user needs and creative strategy into engaging experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and effectively present UX deliverables (flows, sketches, wireframes, journey maps, prototypes, etc.) to stakeholders and teams
- Assess data from multiple sources (UX research, SEO, product requirements, tech constraints, analytics) and synthesize it to develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Stay current on emerging trends in user-centered methodologies, accessibility, UI design patterns, usability principles and web technologies
- Work collaboratively with User Experience, Digital Customer Experience and Strategic Customer Marketing teams and act as an advocate for the user
WHO YOU ARE
- A few years of professional experience in a UX/UI or Interaction Design role and preferably some experience in a previous role where you have acted as the UX/UI project lead
- A demonstrable portfolio of work that exhibits your process for solving design problems
- Clear ability to simplify complex concepts and requirements in presentation, design and implementation
- Experience with industry tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe CC
- Excellent communicator with ability to effectively convey design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Passionate about user experience and all things digital
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.