The ideal candidate is an individual with experience and an interest in a technical and coordination role. This role includes monitoring technical infrastructure (hardware, software, network, servers); coordination of IT projects; and application development in several programming languages. The individual we are seeking is interested in experiencing / developing in a generalist role while maintaining their technical expertise. Some experience in system maintenance, vendor management and project planning will be important.
- Coordinate with vendors and third parties to ensure system uptime and reliability.
- Assess current and future technical needs throughout the organization by documenting needs, getting quotes from vendors, deploying proofs of concepts and supporting new deployments, as required.
- Oversee and support junior employees and students who are working on technical and application development projects.
- Generates reports and provide presentations as needed.
- Create, review and update policies and procedures.
- Develop and update training materials to educate personnel on policies and procedures.
- Escalate issues and tickets on behalf of users and the organization
- Ensure service level agreements are respected by vendors and service providers.
- Communicate and liaise with community partners regarding information technology projects.
- Post-secondary degree and / or college diploma (computer science / engineering or health informatics)
- Exposure to healthcare / health informatics and analytics
- Interest in maintaining and developing a proficiency in regional health informatics
- Ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team in a professional and positive way
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills
- Strong verbal communication and reporting skills.
- Experience working with /supervising technical staff and contract resources
- Working understanding of server and networking technologies
- Understanding of SQL concepts and database design would be an asset
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodation will be provided to candidates with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to participate in the process and require an accommodation, please let us know in advance.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted