What is this role?
The OpenText ECM Technical Analyst team is currently searching for a technically dynamic and resourceful individual who has the ability to provide exceptional technical customer support in a challenging and rewarding environment. The incumbent will be joining a team that provides world class technical customer support to a variety of enterprise customers while working across business units to ensure that customer satisfaction is met in every form. Their focus will be supporting the ECM (Enterprise Content Management) suite of products within complex customer environments, while suggesting techniques and tools for application development.
The successful candidate will be working in a highly functioning team consisting of Technical Analysts and Senior Technical Analysts that work effectively together to reach a common goal.
What you will be doing:
- Representing OpenText acting as first point of contact for all technical inquiries regarding ECM and its integration into external environments.
- Utilizing exceptional written and verbal communication skills while supporting customers via telephone or email, while demonstrating a high level of customer focus and empathy
- Meet established service delivery guidelines and key performance indicators that are measured through customer satisfaction surveys, phone based activities, and schedule adherence.
- Show an understanding of the customer environment and product enabling resolution of complex technical issues and providing alternative support options which may not be related to OpenText products directly.
- Act as a key point of contact for customer follow up and incident management, while maintaining ITSM with updates and resolution.
- Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including development to document software defects and customer suggestions.
- Contributing to the knowledge base by authoring and editing articles to share current information with team members.
- Using professional/technical knowledge, guided by known practices and established precedents, make decisions within defined parameters to impact schedules and deliverables of the project/function.
- Work under general guidance with results reviewed periodically, seeking approval from others on matters outside of job or role as needed.
- 1-2 years previous experience working within a technical support environment
- University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Solid foundation working with Windows OS, and any scripting, (ie. Java, SQL, CGI, Perl, .NET or C++)
- Knowledge of Web Servers and HTML (ie. Tomcat or MS IIS)
- Experience working with relational DBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution
- Proven experience working in a fluid environment that is ever growing and changing
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.