- Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Do you wish you could transform the world through innovative hardware and software development? Does pushing the boundaries of the art-of-the-possible in digital cinema, laser illumination, digital visualization environments and projection mapping applications excite you?
Christie is experiencing tremendous growth in all of our software development areas as we create solutions that allow our customers to conceive of, and effortlessly deliver, spectacular audio visual experiences. We are embarking on major new developments centered on our world leading RGB laser based projection and LED display technologies.
We need a passionate and talented test automation lead like you to help us deliver robust, reliable software that is the backbone of these experiences. Be part of the team that will drive the development of new technologies that will break the bounds of current projection and LED display performance limitations.
We are currently looking for a Test Automation Lead who will help ensure our new digital projection and LED display technology products are released meeting the high quality standards Christie is known for.
This position is within the Engineering Quality Assurance group.
The successful candidate will have exhibited knowledge and experience in designing and implementing custom test automation frameworks and harnesses, building and executing libraries of test automation scripts and providing reports, analysis and recommendations based on the test execution results. As this individual will be responsible for overseeing a team of Test Automation Specialists, previous experience building/coaching/supervising a team is necessary. The candidate must also have strong problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a sharp attention to detail.
Your role at Christie:
- Take on leadership responsibilities and influence the overall direction of our test automation strategy and its schedule/prioritization
- Work with the QA and Dev teams to create/introduce all necessary processes relevant to QA automation (including guidelines and best practices)
- Work with the QA and Dev teams to design, build, implement, maintain and support test automation environments, frameworks and harnesses
- Use appropriate testing tools to develop and maintain (i.e. debug/optimize) test automation libraries and scripts that provide solutions for smoke, functional and non-functional testing
- Build and configure new utilities and interfaces to support testing activities
- Assist with test plan articulation, planning and management of individual testing events
- Act as one of the team representatives to individuals outside of the QA group within testing phases
- Analyze various requirements (such as User Stories, Use Cases, Business Requirements Documents, Design Documents) to gain an understanding of the application being tested
- Provide feedback regarding the overall quality and completeness of these documents to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with members of the QA team to determine test automation needs and identify test automation candidates from release to release
- Provide effort estimates, automation ROI and benefit savings metrics
- Create/present reports, analysis and recommendations based on results of running automated testing scripts
- Work with Developers to help troubleshoot defects
- Verify/reject assigned bug fixes by retesting test cases and enter corresponding information into Perforce Helix ALM
- Participate in Scrums and various team meetings
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 3 years of exhibited leadership experience (including mentoring/coaching, performance planning and other HR-related activities)
- At least 3+ years of hands on test automation experience (including planning, executing and debugging)
- Programming skills in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Perl, C, .net, C++, shell scripting
- Experience in creating effort estimation and calculating automation ROI
- Experience developing continuous integration tests/frameworks
- Must have successful track record of developing effective test automation frameworks, infrastructures and harnesses
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and come up with solutions to meet project needs
- Ability to work under tight timelines - must be able to prioritize and multitask
- Strong and effective communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous with a sharp attention to detail
Nice to Have:
- Competent in use of software testing tools such as Perforce Helix ALM, Jira, MS Test Manager or HP Quality Center
- Experience with testing projection/video display technologies(LED, Laser, 4K and high-dynamic range displays)
- Experience with Linux, Video Signal Test Generators (Astro, Quantum Data) and 7th Sense Video Servers would be an asset
- Experience with Python scripting language
- Experience with test automation tools such as HP QuickTest Professional, IBM Rational Robot, Selenium or WinAutomation
- Understanding of both front-end and back-end web technologies (HTTP, AJAX, XML, JSON and CSS)
- At least 3 years of experience analyzing requirements, constructing and executing test cases, tracking defects/bugs, validating fixes and reporting results in complex, technical environments
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening. Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.