Accounts Payable Administrator (16 month contract)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
Reporting to the Controller, the accounts payable administrator is an integral part of the finance team. The successful candidate will ensure that our vendors are paid and helps to keep our financials accurate and up to date; and that makes everyone happy. We are looking for an independent action-oriented self-starter with a focus on continuous process improvement and achieving results.
- Ensure accurate processing of approved invoices ensuring goods/services have been received
- Ensure compliance with company approval policy
- Generate and coordinate vendor payments via cheque and EFT
- Problem solving and follow-up on missing supplier invoices
- Handle inquiries, both internally and externally
- Maintain documents in accordance with government legislation
- Ensure month end requirements are met
- Meet accounting deadlines for accurate financial reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in an accounts payable position (non-profit experience is an asset)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an aptitude for detail and accuracy
- A team player with strong organizational/interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel
- Familiarity with Netsuite an asset
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Willingness to learn and tackle new projects
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by August 12.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2LAj7Ra
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group